Chapter 2: Yui?

"..Tanjirou," You tried to shake away his grip. "Let me go!" You screamed at his face which only made him strengthen his hold.

The other customers were turning their attention towards you two. Your ears caught up with some disgruntled murmurs by those who don't appreciate the chaos. While others had their phones up in their face to film the whole scene.

"Let me go, Tanjirou. I'm not playing around." You tried to sound tough when in truth you were trembling in fear. Normal people would have cowered in shame when someone raises their voice at them in public. But Tanjirou- He was different. He was not letting your arm go even as a waiter came to see the source of the ruckus.

The waiter had a determine look on his face; One could tell he took his work seriously. As soon as he neared the small table, he reached out to Tanjirou's arm and tried to push him away. He saw how uncomfortable you were, and it was his job to help you out.

You look down and saw veins popping out on the waiter's arm, he was trying to outmatch Tanjirou's strength.

You yelped, feeling like your bone was going to crack underneath Tanjirou's squeezing hold. The waiter noticed this and opened his mouth, "You're hurting her. Let her go." He warned him. But his strong presence immediately leaving him at the next second. You could see the confidence in the waiter waver until it completely vanished. Recognition flashed in his eyes before fear took over.

You follow his gaze that lead to Tanjirou's forehead- To his scar that stood out contrasting to his benevolent complexion.

You heard the waiter stutter out Tanjirou's family name and kneeling down to the ground the next second, his head dropping low as he apologizes in fear before he quickly dashed off, sending you an apologetic glance before leaving.

All the people there stopped their whispers and murmurs as soon as they heard the family name. Those who had been filming you two quickly hid their phones and look down, trying to act as if they weren't even interested in the first place. The whole cafe went silence, and although their eyes weren't on you, their ears were silently anticipating your next words.

You gulped, "..Tanjirou, please. You're hurting me."

"Yui," He looked up, his kind dark red eyes locking with your brown ones. "I love you, and only you.. So don't say things like that again, okay?"

His words were sincerely, but you could see the hint of mischief in his eyes. It made your blood rise. You swing your arms back with all the little strength Yui had in her weak body as you huff out in annoyance.

"I don't want to have anything with you anymore, so get off!"

"You don't mean that, Yui.. Look at me,"

Now, he was holding both your shoulder down; He was keeping you hostage as well as asserting dominance.

"You said you love me, and only me. Have you perhaps forgotten about that?"

He released one of his arms and lift it to the back of your head, cupping it and rubbing it gently before he pulled you to his hard chest. "You must have injured your head when you fell down the stairs..Oh my poor Yui... Don't worry, I will keep you safe from now on.."

His other hand slowly wrap itself around your waist. He held you in his embrace as your face was hidden on his chest.

'This dudes got some nerves! Bring me back the original Tanjirou, not this obsessive bastard!'

You tried to push him away but failed. You were so close to him to the point you could clearly smell the cologne he was wearing. It smelled sweet; Serving his facade well. You took in a breath and his scent immediately overwhelmed your nose.It rushed down to your system and you felt something click inside you.