63 - Lando Norris

Requested by robertpattycakes

Taglist
jadnhossler925 DevilOfNyx drugo_babe emilie_Ln babyboo182

63: "Come here, you're shaking."    

Yourself and Lando may have always had a lot in common and as a result of how well the two of you got on, you were both extremely worried that becoming teammates would mean that an unhealthy rivalry would develop between you and get in the way of your great friendship. However, what neither of you could have predicted was that the opposite would happen, the increased amount of time that you were spending together causing you to fall head over heels for each other. At first, you decided to keep your relationship a secret because you had no idea about how the team would react, you being particularly nervous about Lando's most passionate fans finding out.

After six months, the two of you had finally agreed to discretely reveal your relationship, this being done by showing a small amount of affection in the paddock such as occasional hand holding because neither of you wanted to create a large fuss. The two of you decided to start showing your affection for each other on the Thursday of the Belgian Grand Prix, everyone having caught on and the rumours of your relationship beginning by the time the press conference had began.

"How bad do you think this is going to be?" You asked with worry as yourself and Lando were approaching the press conference room, being hand in hand once more. "We're going to steal the spotlight away from everyone else, aren't we? People aren't going to like us because the reporters will be less focused on the racing."

Lando knew that you hadn't been yourself for a while now, the Britt pulling you close to him, pulling your head down onto his chest and resting his head on top of yours since there were no one else around.

"Come here, you're shaking," he said sympathetically as he pinned your body comfortingly against his own. "Don't worry what anyone else thinks about our relationship. We're the only ones that matter."

You had done countless press conferences now, but you could never remember entering one feeling so sick to your stomach, this not being helped by how the room fell silent once the two of you had entered and all eyes were on you both. You took a deep breath as you took your seat, you wishing that Lando was able to squeeze your hand in reassurance, but this not being able to happen since you still needed to sit two metres apart.

"I know both of you will have come in here, expecting to be asked the same questions that you always get asked before the start of a race, but I think it'll be much more interesting if you tell us all about your surprise romance," a male reporter began, causing all those around him to rush to open their notebooks and have a pen at the ready.

The room fell silent once more as you were both hoping that the other would talk first, Lando quickly speaking up because he knew how nervous you were.

"I never expected that I could have fallen for one of my best friends in the paddock, but the more time we spent together, the more I realised that she's the one for me," Lando began sweetly, his cheeks turning crimson as a giddy, boyish grin spread across his lips. "It took me a while to finally ask her out because I was too busy thinking about things like would this mean that our seats would be at risk if the team disapproved? But then I realised that no one else's opinions matter but our own. We're happy together and there's nothing that anyone will be able to say to change that."

A smile which was even broader than Lando's spread across your lips as a collective 'awww' rippled around the reporters as yourself and Lando shared a gaze of adoration.

There may not have been many questions about racing asked, but yourself and Lando left the press conference feeling on top of the world because of how the reporters were saying things such as they couldn't wait to hear more relationship updates, this still lifting your spirits even though you had agreed that outsiders' opinions didn't matter.

"I told you everything would be fine," Lando said affectionately, snaking his arms around your waist to pull you closer to him once the two of you were back in your motorhome.

"You did. I really need to listen to you more often," you replied lovingly, before pressing a gentle peck to Lando's lips as he gently nodded once your lips had connected.