Late night call

POV KORRA

It's 1:25 Am and I have a bottle of Hennessy in my hand. Sad thing is I'm almost finished with it. I only started drinking because I have a lot going through my mind. I just wished all of it went away but it won't and I know it won't but a little bit of drinking always helps. I was completely Wideawake and Wanted to hang out with someone so I wouldn't be thinking of these sad thoughts while I listened to music and looked up at the ceiling. I tried calling the boys but none of them answered. I guess they're all asleep or something. I rolled over and buried my face in with my pillow and that's when I remembered I have Sami's number. I guess calling her wouldn't hurt right ? The worst that can happen is that she doesn't answer and I end up in the same situation I am now in my bed or thinking about the little things. I called and on the 3rd ring she answered.

Asami( sleepy voice): Hello ?

I don't know why but hearing the sound of her voice alone made me feel a little bit better even a big stupid smile was on my face but good thing she wasn't there to see it.

Korra: heyyyy Sato, what you doing?

Asami: Well I was sleeping but now I'm up. Are you okay ?

Korra: Oh shit I'm so sorry I'm just like really drunk right now and I don't have anybody to talk to so I've been thinking thoughts and yeah I wanted to talk to someone

Asami: haha oh would you just like me to come over ? I'm off today so I could hang out with you if you want ?

Korra: really?! That will be so much fun. I'll send you my address right now. I'll see you in a few!

We hung up and I jumped out of bed, looked at myself in the mirror and decided to change. I just need to look good for some reason. I want to look good, smell good even though I'm pretty fucked up right now appearance matters. A few minutes later I hear a knock on my door and my heart starts pounding as I start getting like these butterflies in my stomach... fuck I can't fall for her it's just going to end bad so don't even think about it. I take a deep breath and open the door. She looked amazing and I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Asami: um are you doing to let me in or ?

Korra: huh oh shit sorry yeah come on in. Do you want to drink with me ?

Asami: sure why not but not to much

Korra: Of course! You can take a sit on the couch and we can watch some movies

Once I got the drinks for us I sat down right next to her and tried not to stare at her.

Asami: So you thought it was a good idea to drink by yourself?

Korra: it was a good idea at the moment but hey at least you're here

Asami: Of course I'll always be here next time, just call me and I'll come over if I'm free. Anyways you're not far from me so it's easier to get to you.

Korra: So why did you move out from your parents house? 

Asami: I just wanted to be out on my own for a while and just do me. My mom and dad want me to get married already but I'm just not ready yet. I know later I'll find a husband and have some kids but I haven't found anyone that catches my interest. How about you ? Why did you move out here?

Korra: I just wanted something new to be honest there's nothing much to it. My parents are still in the south but I'll visit them on the holidays. Why do your parents want you to find a husband?

Asami: I guess I'm getting to old and they're very traditional

Korra: Wow, that must really suck. My parents don't care on who a choice to be with as long as I'm happy

Asami: have you found anyone yet ?

Korra( blushing): umm I don't know I think i have a thing for this girl but I think she's straight.

Asami: girl ?!

Korra: Yeah ?  Is there a problem with that ?

Asami: no not at all but I just thought you'd be into Mako

Korra: What ew no what  makes you think that ?

Asami: bolin told me that he thought you had a thing for Mako

Korra: We'll he's wrong and actually he doesn't know I like females

Asami: You haven't told him ?

Korra: it never really came up till now

Asami: So who's the lucky girl ?

Korra( blushing ): she's just some girl it'll never happen

Asami: you never know it could happen just try talking to her more. If anything I could help you if you ever need it.

Korra: yeah I'll see how it goes first.

We ended up talking for hours and it felt like we've known each other for years. She made me feel special and happy. I swear we're meant to be, but she's straight and wanting a future with a husband and kids. This whole thing is going to be painful.