deku's scars

[One-shot based on my friends old story]

    "That's so not true! What All Might actually said was..." his words all blurred together as you lost focus.
    Deku had invited you to watch some old hero documentaries at his dorm, though it really was more criticizing than watching. At some point you stopped paying attention to exactly what he was saying and just agreed with whatever he uttered.
    His voice was so relaxing you almost passed out, your head on his shoulder. Before you last nodded off your eyes caught on the bubbled scars that decorated his arms, elbows, and up to his shoulders and back.
     They've been there longer than you've known the boy. You've gladly taken your time to examine and study them.
    Snapped awake, you gently grab his wrist mid-sentence and lightly kiss one of his scars. You could feel his muscles tense under your lips.
     He's silent.
     Pleased by his reaction, which was quite adorable if you do say so yourself, you continue to search and peck every small detail and mark on his soft skin. Granted, some scars were too tiny and were possibly missed.
     Before you had the chance to reach his shoulder, you heard a small, muffled sniffle, followed by the drip-drop of small tears. You lifted your head to face his delicate sideview.
     The strong square hand that covered his mouth juxtaposed his soft cheeks and teary-eyed stare that watched you. How you wished you could stop such a sad sight.
     You reach for the other side of his face, forcing him to face you.
     In a circular motion, you used your thumb to lightly rub Deku's freckled cheek.
     This only illicited more tears, and in the softest voice you'd ever know and love, a small "thank you" fell from his lips, his hand now in yours. You just barely made it out. The loud screams from the TV in front of you hid his voice more than he intended.
      In one swift move, Deku leaned over and kissed you, just as you did to him seconds earlier. He was gentle, but the embrace was just strong enough to let you know that he didn't want to break away. And to be completely honest, neither did you.
      He whispered against your lips just as he had said before.
      "Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you."
      Finally you tore away. You ran your hand through his wavy hair, just to let him calm down.
      "I love you," you mumbled this to yourself, not expecting him to hear.
     He wasn't shocked. He wasn't repulsed. Instead he just smiled.
    "There's that tilted smile I missed."
      You kissed the top of his head as he gave a little chuckle. You put your cheek back to his shoulder and placed your hand where it previously sat. This time though, you ran your palm up his shaking arm and back down.
      Your eyes were heavy as they were before, laced with the tiredness the movie had caused. An arm was reached out and the TV was shut off.
      Placing his arms around you shoulders and under your legs, Deku lifted you from the couch and nervously carried you to his bed. He laid you down as gently and he could, which wasnt very.
       To your surprise he didnt lay with you. Instead he sat on the floor next to you, knees curled to his chest.
       It was quite cold without him there, and that simply wouldnt do.
      You lazily reached out you hand and tugged on his wet shirt. He looked up as you patted the empty space in front of you. He slightly giggled and pulled himself up.
      He wrapped his arms over your shoulders and connecting behind your neck. You nuzzled up to his chest. He was so warm you didnt even need the blanket, but it was soft so it got to stay.
     The rhythmic thumping of Dekus heart lulled you to a soft and content sleep. His steady breathing rocking you.