44 // Anxiety

Something did not feel right. He tried to ignore this feeling all day, thinking maybe it was just a stomach bug, but it got worse by the hour.

He had made himself comfortable at Jorge's beach house, but each day, he saw less and less of MJ. She came back late into the night and left early in the morning, she was like a man having an affair.

Cameron was not the one to follow his gut feeling, but he could not help it this time. Her phone was on voicemail.

Things just kept getting worse, and he felt useless for not being able to help with anything.

He was torn out of his mind by the sound of a car pulling up outside. He dashed for the door and was relieved to see MJ stepping out of the car, but his relief was wasted as a frown appeared on his face. Why was she sitting in the passenger seat, and what the hell was she doing with Kyle Davids?

He could not even bring himself to ask those questions when she walked past him and entered the house, heading straight for the stairs.

It was as if Kyle knew that Cameron had questions.

"There's something wrong with your sister," Kyle said.

"Shhhhh!" Cameron hushed, looking at the stairs in panic. "Keep your voice down, idiot!"

Kyle rolled his eyes, throwing himself on the couch. "I don't understand why you insist on keeping the truth from her. We both know she would rather have you as her brother than that douchebag lying in the hospital."

Cameron gritted his teeth. "Shut up, Kyle."

"Do you know if she's seeing anyone?" Kyle asked, and Cameron glared at him. "I mean a therapist, Cameron. I'm not interested in your... MJ."

He knew Kyle was not romantically interested in MJ, he never was; he had always seen her as his younger sister. Kyle saved MJ once, and as much as they were not too close, they relied on each other and had each other's backs when needed. Nobody knew about their connection besides Cameron, and to say the least, Kyle Davids was probably the only man Cameron trusted with MJ's life.

"She recently reconnected with her old therapist, Blair. Why do you ask?"

"She had a panic attack some days ago, and then blacked out earlier. It appears that she is not taking any medication for her anxiety."

Cameron always knew that he could not trust mj's psychiatrist something was just off about her and MJ knew it maybe that was why she stopped going in the first place. MJ got better at first until she got worse again Cameron had no idea what it was the therapist was doing to her but it was affecting her in a bad way.

I will look up and see what I can find but as far as I'm concerned she's harmless.

Harmless? Kyle gave him an incredulous look. You think she's harmless nobody in her profession is harmless. Psychiatrist psychologist therapist counselor so whatever you call them they are the most dangerous people you could ever meet anyone who could get into your head should be considered dangerous. I get that they are people with good intentions out there are there are also people who mask their evil through good intentions. I don't know what's going on here but something is wrong with MJ and if you don't find out what it is you might live to regret it." Kyle was right, undoubtedly. Cameron could already see MJ unraveling. "There's something else. She was talking about her pregnancy earlier, she panicked when she ran into David Botha earlier."

Cameron felt his heart stop before it beat in a fit of rage. "Did he threaten her?" He asked.

"No, but MJ was worried that Logan would find out the truth."

Cameron sighed, when it came to that matter, MJ was not at fault, she had nothing to hide, but her attachment to Logan was messing her up. "She rarely talks about that."

Kyle smiled sardonically. "That's MJ for you, but after what she told me earlier, I don't blame her for a second. Came, I think she's nostalgic. She regrets all the moments she missed, I think maybe if she knew where her baby was buried maybe that would give her some peace. I think MJ needs to know who she is, because she is not connecting or living up to the person she thinks she is, she deserves to know the truth, Cameron."

He was about to answer when he heard a door closing upstairs, it's click followed by running footsteps.

Cameron turned to Kyle in warning. "Listen, Kyle, I know you care about MJ, and I appreciate your concern. But it'd be better if you sat this one out," he said in a hushed voice.

"Kyle, what are you still doing here? I thought you left," MJ said as she waltzed into the room in a black and white tracksuit, her hair tied up in a neat, tight bun.

"Oh! Uhm, Cameron and I were catching up, I haven't seen him in a while," Kyle said hastily.

"Oh, well. I can drop you off if you like, I'm on way out."

Cameron raised his eyebrows in question. "You are?" He asked.

A slight blush appeared on MJ's cheeks. "Logan asked me to meet him at the harbour." Cameron and Kyle shared a look, both of them clearly confused. "Kyle, are you coming?" MJ asked.

"I–"

"Kyle and I are still chatting, I'll drop him off later, I need to get some clothes from the mansion before Logan returns from your rendezvouses," Cameron quickly interjected, earning a glare from both parties.

"Okay, I'll see you guys later." MJ walked out of the house, and seconds later, her car came to life, all the while Cameron and Kyle were seating at the edge of their seats.

There was no question of what was about to happen next, they both knew it, they had to follow MJ and find out what was going on. It took a minute for MJ's car to speed out of the private property, and five minutes later, they were on their feet. They rushed to get one of Jorge's car and followed MJ.

MJ and Logan meeting up? Something about this was fishy.