66 // Deadline

London was the centre of her heart for most of her life, it was a secret hideout, a place where she never felt she needed to pretend to be someone else or spend all day trying to make her place in other people's heart, it was her home away from home.

It was funny because she spent half her life in Cape Town and half her life there, however, a few weeks in Cape Town, and London now felt foreign to her, like she did not belong.

She stood in front of the tall building, staring up at the logo at the top of the building, Billings Corp. She was parked in front of the building, leaning against the car in her casual disguise; a pair of jeans and sandals, a yellow flowery off-shoulder cropped blouse, and a summer hat paired with dark shades.

MJ kept thinking about what Blair said, she remembered how she had confessed that the company was never her vision, that it was only her legacy on paper. The company was and had always been Alastair's vision and MJ just made it possible for him, building this company kept her busy, it made her feel alive because she buried her demons in work.

She would never forget how Alastair saved her from herself, she would forever be grateful to him. Nonetheless, she was starting to wonder if she would be able to continue keeping his dream alive for longer than she already had.

"I thought we were meeting at your place."

MJ stood up straight and turned to look at the source of the voice.

Liam.

He was his usual self in his signature look, a black tux that always clung to his body, and a black shirt. He had a tan to his warm skin, and his silky black hair had grown longer.

"I see travelling hasn't been treating you so bad after all," MJ commented and moved over to the passenger side, tossing the keys at him. "You are driving!"

Liam laughed. "Just say you missed me!"

MJ rolled her eyes and proceeded to climb into the car. "So, how far are you with the job?" She asked as soon as Liam started the car.

"Why don't you see it for yourself?" He said, and judging by the smile on his face, MJ could tell he was on the right track. At least she hoped so.

They drove in comfortable silence, and MJ was grateful for the peace and quiet as she took in the scenery and familiar route probably for the last time in the months to come.

They arrived at her house after an hour. MJ was not surprised to see the "For Sale" sign patched on the grass outside the yard, however, she was confused to see the name on the board.

"Ortiz Estates?" She gestured at the sign while giving Liam a questioning look. "Wasn't Brianna supposed to handle the sale of the house?"

"Come with me," Liam said as he unbuckled his seatbelt, and then he hopped out of the car, and MJ got out after him. "You will understand everything once we are inside."

MJ did not say anything, but she trailed after him as he led her to the house. The gate had been left open, even the front door. They entered, and once inside, there was a woman busy showing a couple the house.

She was speaking animatedly with the couple and they seemed to be taken with her. Admittedly, MJ would have liked to hear what stories she was spinning them about the house and its previous owners.

"Liam, who is that woman?"

Liam stood next to her with his hands in his pockets. "Sienna Ortiz, previously known to some as Sienna Ortiz Mendoza. Javier Mendoza's ex wife."