2: 08

UNDER AN OVERPASS

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car," Sharon said.

"It's low profile," Steve told her.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd." She opened the trunk of her car, revealing Steve's and Sam's gear. Alpine looked up and meowed.

Bucky sat behind Sam in the getaway car and asked, "Can you move your seat up?"

"No," Sam replied.

Flora huffed and said, "I just want to live peacefully with Bucky and my cat. To think this all started because I went out for plums."

"I owe you again," Steve stated.

"Keeping a list," Sharon replied before glancing at Flora. "You know, she kinda tried to kill me."

"Sorry. I'll put it on the list, too. They're going to come looking for you."

"I know."

"Thank you, Sharon." The two kissed.

"That was..."

"Late."

"Damn right. I should go."

"Okay."

In the car, Bucky smiled and Sam nodded. Flora frowned slightly. Steve caught their eyes. Flora's frown turned into a light smile.

PARKING GARAGE - 6TH LEVEL - LEIPZIG/HALLE AIRPORT

Steve drove into the parking lot in the battered, old car. He parked by a gray van and got out. Alpine, who had returned to her owner, had curled up in the back.

"Cap," Clint greeted.

"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice," Steve said.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt."

"Thanks for having my back."

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda answered.

"How about our other recruit?"

"He's rarin' to go," Clint replied. "Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good."

"What timezone is this?" Scott asked.

"Come on. Come on."

Scott shook Steve's hand with an amazed look. "Captain America!" He turned to Bucky. "Sergeant Barnes!"

"Mr. Lang," Steve said.

"It's an honor," Scott stated. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He looked at Wanda. "I know you, too. You're great!" He turned back and felt Steve's shoulders, causing Bucky to chuckle softly. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... thinks for thanking of me." He sicced to Sam. "Hey, man!"

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam asked.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..."

"It was a great audition, but it'll... it'll never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve questioned.

"Something about some... psycho-assassins?"

Steve nodded briefly. "We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

"Yeah, well, what else is new?"

"We should get moving," Flora said.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint informed.

A man on PA #2 said, "Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren."