mizpah

mizpah.

(n.)

meaning:- a deep emotional bond between two people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dei! Evalo thadava solrathu, eera towel ah bed mela podatha!"

Advik paid no heed to her and was busy staring into an empty container. Sivaangi huffed, "Dei, ennada? Gaali daba va paakara?"

Advik looked up at her, "Amma.. Driver Uncle senja augratin ah neenga than saptingala."

Sivaangi blinked, being caught red handed. She cleared her throat, "Uh, athalam illa."

"Appo yen gaali ah iruku?"

Sivaangi shrugged, "Kaaka saaptuchu."

Advik giggled, "Amma, kaaka un soore thingathu. Ithula augratin vera."

Sivaangi looked at him offended, "Dei en soru ku enna korachal?"

He smiled, "Driver Uncle soru than best uh."

"Oho.." Sivaangi said, nodding her head, and turning away. "Seri, appo driver uncle koodaye iru."

Advik got up and rushed towards her, hugging her legs. "Amma, illa ma, ennaku onnada thayir sadam romba pudikum."

Sivaangi's frown turned into a smile and she patted his hair. A loud noise came from the living and she sighed,

"TV Paakalana off panu nu evalo thadava solrat?"

Advik didn't respond, take with the toy car on the floor. She sighed and walked into the living room and was about to switch off the TV when the headlines caught her eye,

POPULAR ACTOR ASHWIN KUMAR TO ROMANCE ACTRESS RENU. BTS PICS COMING SOON.

Her eyes grazed over the poster of the movie, both of them stuck to each other, gazing into each other's eyes. She thought she would feel something, but she felt nothing. Maybe so many years of seeing him with other people, made her numb to all of this. She sighed, before switching off the TV, the screen going blank just like her heart.

She walked back into the kitchen when her phone rang, and Ashwin's name flashed on it. She contemplated it, wondering if she should give into his alluring yet scary friendship she's reestablished with him. She didn't know what it meant to her, to him or to Advik.

She glanced at the empty container of Augratin and she picked up the call,

"Hello?"

"Sivaangi?" Ashwin's voice broke through. "Busy ah irukiya?"

"Illa, sollunga. Any problem?"

Ashwin hesitated, "Problem kam illa. Bur konjam urgent ah unna meet panni pesanum. Vara mudiyuma?"

Sivaangi looked around and found Advik on the floor, zooming cars around. "Advik thaniya irukan.."

Ashwin was silent for a moment, "Oh.. Paravala. Seri, naa pathukaren."

Sivaangi felt a pang in her chest, hearing his tone. He was about to cut the call when she interrupted

"Illa illa. Naa varen. I'll tell Lakshmi Akka to watch over him. Enga irukinga?"

Ashwin let out a deep breath, "Royapettah. Naa location anuparen."