petrichor

petrichor

(n.) (English.)

meaning:- the smell of rain on the dry earth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

recommended songs for this chapter:+

i. yaaro ivan - NH7
ii. maya nadhi - kabali

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The door of the restaurant jingled when she opened it and her eyes searched around for her brother. She saw him waving at her from a corner and Sivaangi waved back before making way to him.

"Hi," she said as she approached him. He nodded and she sat down right across from him.

"Romba busy pola? En kooda lunch varathuke appointment vanganum pola?"

Sivaangi smiled, "Sorry da. Recording athu ithu nu busy aaiten."

He looked at her and smiled fondly, "I'm glad you're singing again."

She nodded, "Me too."

A comfortable silence settled upon the air and she said, "Seri, order panalma? Pasikuthu."

They quickly ordered some food and talked mindlessly as they waited for it to arrive. Vinayak took a bite and asked,

"Yaar unnaku marupadiyum pada sonna?"

Sivaangi took a sip of her water and said, "Yen?"

"Illa, 10 varushama naa appa amma atha than. solitu irunthom. Ippo yaar solli nee convince aana?"

Sivaangi contemplated for a moment wondering if she should say Ashwin. She had never considered her family's reaction to their rekindled love. Although they weren't anywhere near a relationship, in fact, after what happened last night Sivaangi wasn't even sure they would go anywhere. But she had totally forgotten about how her family would react.

"Ashwin," she said and took a huge bite of the biryani to stop herself from saying more.

To her utter surprise, Vinayak didn't say anything but just nodded and kept on eating. Sivaangi studied him for a moment. She had expected a flurry of questions. She set her spoon down,

"Enna?"

Vinayak looked at her confused, "Enna?"

Sivaangi didn't know how to respond to this indifference. She asked hesitantly, "Ethum solla matiya?"

He shrugged, "I'm not surprised. He's been the only one who can understand you. Adi kalathu lenthu appadi than."

Sivaangi stared at him in shock. "What does that mean?"

Vinayak looked at her and sighed. "Sivaangi, Ashwin has always been the only person to completely understand and accept you. That is, appa amma va thavira. But he's different. He's always been special to you. You're telling me you haven't noticed that?"

Sivaangi blinked. She knew that he was special but she didn't know that it was so intense that even her family could notice.

She knew that she was different around him. No, she wasn't different. She was genuinely herself around him. That's what made it so easy to fall for him. He didn't judge her. He not only accepted her for who she was, he wanted her to succeed for the exact reasons she thought was annoying.