4.Finally.....home?

Well, they didn't literally abduct me. They sneaked me out of the hospital, from the cctv cameras. We somehow reached the exit. They dropped me outside my home and told me to enter inside. They hit the calling bell of "my" house. Yes, my house. A house, I didn't knew existed a few moments ago. A middle-aged lady came out to receive us.

"Oh hello, come inside!" All three of us entered inside. I followed Liam and Jake into the hall. We sat on the sofa and the middle-aged lady, started the conversation.

"So, how was the trip, did u guys enjoyed yourselves?" asked the lady. Liam and Jake elbowed me from either sides at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, it was good, in fact better." I blurted out

"Wait, I'll get u guys some snacks" said the lady and went towards the kitchen. "No" shouted Liam and Jake in chorus. Both stared at each other in awkward. These guys don't act well. Any sane person could see, something is not right by looking at their faces. It's all written over them.

"We have to reach our home, before it's too dark, so it would be better we take ur leave now" said Liam, trying to maintain his poker face.

"I'll leave them outside" I said to the lady and followed Jake and Liam outside the house.

When we reached the exit gate. "So, she's my mom?" I asked finally. Both of them nodded in union.

"Do you know anything like, how I'll call her?Just don't want to make it look suspicious" I asked them. Stupid question!, I know.

"Buddy, u had never mentioned about your parents to us. In fact u don't talk about them much to us." said Jake "Look pretend like u are studying for your exams. We are having our boards in few months."

"Mothers don't disturb their children when they study" nodded Jake in approval.

"I don't remember anything about my life, not even about myself. How would some stupid exam going to bother me?. Obviously I'm going to goof it up, because I don't even remember the subjects we have now."

"As if u would have studied, if u hadn't lost ur memory?" told Liam with a smirk. "Look buddy not to sound rude, all three of us are below average student. Ur mom already knows that, so she wouldn't expect any good grades."

Somewhere that I'm a below-average student hit me painfully. I didn't know why, but all I said was "Oh!" and arched my eyebrows. I was lost in thoughts when both Jake and Liam rushed outside my house exit gate, to catch the last local train to their respective houses.

I went inside my house. I kept my eyes on the floor to avoid any eye-contact with the lady...er...I mean ..with my mom. I rushed into one of the bedroom, hoping it to be mine. There were long shirts hanging down, in the cupboards, study table has so many gadgets, that doesn't make sense.

"Duke!" mom called me. "What are u searching in Mr. Haruki's room?" .

Her sudden voice startled me. I jerked off and hit my head on the door's edge. I yelled out a small roar in pain. The pain was not significant, but I can't ask her, the way to my own room. That would obviously make her suspicious. So made up an act, so that she fetches me to my room.

Yeah, I know I'm brilliant!

I'm a brilliant actor also!!

I felt proud of myself as she helped me to my room, but how could I be a below-average student. The small drama I performed tells something else. I seriously don't know, the tag below-average hurted me so much.

I have more serious problems. To start with, getting back my damn memory and all I worried about a moment ago is being an average student.

The house is too big for three. Finally, I reached my room. It was a decent room, with proper study desk, bed and three cupboards. I felt home in this room, maybe because I might have styled this room according to my taste. I could understand myself, now. I think I love being classy with a 'keep it simple attitude'. I could derive that because, there is only minimal stuff in my room. I don't seem like a good consumer.

She rested me on my bed and said "Dinner would be there in an hour. I will get ur dinner here."

Now, u readers might think she's a very good and kind mother, but eventhough she offered to bring my dinner upstairs, I somewhere strongly feel that the warmth in her voice has reduced.