Chapter 3: The Necklace

⚠️ Slight warning, there will be talk of the use of marijuana.I wrote in that Y/n is a weed smoker ( I did state before that Y/n is based off of me ;) ) but if that makes you uncomfortable, feel free to just ignore those parts. I will be writing in the use of weed in future chapters as well, and will put warnings in the beginning of chapters if needed :)

 I will be writing in the use of weed in future chapters as well, and will put warnings in the beginning of chapters if needed :)

(Y/n's Outfit)

    One week later would be my first day. And A hell of a first day it was. Emma dropped me off after school, along with Norman. It was a little awkward, as I didn't know Norman quite as well as Emma did. They talked in the front seat together while I distracted myself with my phone. I felt her car slowing down along with a drifted turn and looked up happily noticing the Bates Motel sign above me through the window. When Emma parked, we all stepped out at the same time, and I heard Norma's saccharine voice calling out to Norman.

"Hi Honey, sorry I couldn't pick you up, how was school?"             I watched as she gave him a casual hug and him smiling back

"It was good mother, why couldn't you pick me up today?"

"Well I uhh,"                 She looked down at her hands for a moment, nervously.

"I had to run out to do some errands, and I wasn't sure when I'd be back so I asked Emma to pick you up for me today"

"Emma,"            I awkwardly stood behind Emma, waiting for the okay for me to go into the office

"Thank you for dropping him off with Y/n"

"Of course, see you later Norma, I gotta get going"         I waved goodbye to Emma before she drove off, and she waved back before I turned back around to Norma and Norman.

"Welp, follow me Y/n, Ill give you the room keys and everything else you'll need in the office"

    All I did was smile back to her, I was too nervous to say much quite yet. I figured the more days I came, the the better I would get at talking with her but it was still barely my first day. Norman made his way up the front steps to the house, leaving me and Norma alone. I dont know why I was so anxious about being alone with her. I felt mostly fine the day I met her, when we where alone in the living room. After we stepped into the office, she closed the door behind her and she showed me to an empty desk in the back. She told me I could use it to hold my stuff, and to sit at when I had free time in between customers leaving. She gave me the extra room keys, and told me that Norman would be working at the desk from 3 to 6, and then she would be at the front desk from 6 till after I would be leaving at 10.

"Anymore questions before I leave you to it?"         She asked gently. 

"Nope, Im all set. Thank you, Ms. Bates"           

I know she had said before that I could call her Norma, but I wanted her to think highly of me. She gave me one last smile and nod before making her way to the office door.