06: A Friend

The smell of coffee and bacon filled the kitchen. Gulf was just preparing the breakfast on the table but he couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling.

It was the last school day for the week but it was the first day Gulf would be spending his time with the twins. And, he was honestly nervous. Not only because he didn't know anything about them, but also because he was a father now. He didn't want to mess up his second chance.

Taking care of the kids isn't rocket science. A whole lot of patience, tricks up your sleeve and a little lying usually settles things. But his thoughts went deeper.

What if I don't love them like I should? Oh god, what if I don't have parental instinct towards my own children? Crap. Will I be a bad father?!

"Good Morning, P'Gulf!" His bubble of thought was burst by the tiny voices that greeted him.

Gulf stared at them for a while before he realized how the twins looked.

Natasha was smiling widely with her uneven pigtails while Alexander rubbed his sleepy eyes as he wore his wrongly buttoned shirt.

"Come here, you look like a mess!" Gulf chuckles and proceeds to fix them.

Both the twins got his nose. He knows because it was his dad's nose. Maybe they got his lips too. The pink chestnut lips that Gulf himself was proud of. However, their eyes were slightly like Mew's. Big and almond shape. Their pale skin also complimented their chocolate brown eyes and made their rosy cheeks more evident.

Your mom must be so beautiful. He thought.

"Go eat your breakfast so we won't be late for school okay?"

☀️🌻

"Yo! What's up?!" The driver was already waiting for them when they stepped outside. The twins happily greeted him with a secret handshake and a big 'BAM!' as they finished.

"Oh, hey there! You must be Gulf. I'm Jimmy. The occasional driver." He quotes the word occasional with his fingers.

"You must be Boss's new boyfriend!" Jimmy adds before Gulf could even introduce himself.

"Your Papa's boyfriend?!" The twins popped their heads out the window and were surprised as the adults were.

"They didn't know?" Heck, even Gulf didn't know. He had no idea if there was even a name for his relationship with Mew. It wasn't business because Natasha and Alexander were his own. And saying that taking care of them was a 'business' just doesn't feel right. He wouldn't say that they were in a romantic relationship either. Obviously because he wasn't in love with Mew. Moreover, Gulf would never forget how Mew made it clear that he wasn't interested in him.

"A boy that is a friend!" Jimmy tries to twist his statement.

"Nah-uh! They say boyfriend or girlfriend is someone you kiss and hug!"

"And love so much too!"

Both Alexander and Natasha waited for their response. Kids these days are getting smarter. It's getting harder to fool them.

"Your father and I just met. We're just friends." Gulf reassures.

"But Papa took off your clothes when you first came here!" Jimmy turns his head away and holds his laugh.

"That was different! He was helping me. Now, let's go. I don't want to be responsible for their tardiness!" Gulf went in the passenger seat and buckled his seatbelt— acting like his cheeks weren't feeling hot.

☀️🌻

Jimmy had so much energy. Based on how he looks, he was probably a few years younger than Gulf. Unlike Gulf's experience with Mew the last time they were in his car, Jimmy proves to be a real conversationalist.