Chapter 12 - Family confrontations

AUTUMN

I bit my lip nervously standing outside the door of the man who helped raise me.

Mason Harris.

After that surprising call from him and him somehow finding out about me and the twins. I am now at the Dragon mansion standing at their wing of the house.

I bet Stefano had something to do with this. Damn that bastard.

Knocking on the door, I waited anxiously until the door was opened revealing Mason.

"Aud Ball," his voice growled out making me flinch a bit. "Masey," I smiled innocently only for him to roll his eyes before taking a step aside to let me in.

It's obvious that he's mad at me.

Closing the door behind me I turned around to see him looking at me as if observing me before folding his arms.

"When?" he only said.

"At my eighteen birthday party, they kissed me," I blurted fidgeting with my fingers.  Mason hummed nodding his head as he ran a hand down his partially gray beard.

"Didn't I warn you about them? Didn't I say I would like for you to be with someone who isn't in our line of business?" he sighed.

"I didn't even want you to be in this life but you wanted it so I decided to support you but when you said you were retiring I was happy but now this?! You fucking the Scorpio twins?!" he rambled

My jaw clenched I knew he hated that I wanted to be an assassin following in his shoes, hell even Paris hated too but they both decided to support my decision.

But Mason has to know that I'm not the little girl he took in who had major daddy issues. I can handle myself now I don't need any protection.

"Mason, I'm 27 going to be 28 soon, I'm a grown-ass woman and I know no matter how old I get I'm gonna always be your Autumn but-"

"I can take care of myself now and it's okay if I make mistakes that's how I learn," I began.

"But what I and the Scorpio twins have it's-it's something," He only stood there looking at me, observing me.

"I need you to trust me on this," Mason sighed nodding his head making a small smile form on my lips.

Thank God.

The sound of the door opening revealing a very tired Seven in his bed robe.

Once his eyes saw me he immediately smiled before rushing over to hug me.

"You need to rest, Sev," Mason husked only for Sev to shrug him off.

"It's your fault I look like this you know?" he huffed.

"He's soon to be forty but still has the stamina of a 20-year-old,"

"Anyways, how are you doing?" Seven asked looking at me.

"I'm only asking cause Mason was outraged this morning yelling how he's going to lock you up or either kill you," Seven said while inspecting me.

"Oh well, you look fine and that's good but damn Autumn the Scorpio twins?" So he knows too.

"How did you two find out about it anyway?"

"The group chats," he so casually said.

"What?!"

"Well, it's not much of a family group chat but it's a chat where Paris, Dominic, Zero, Benny, Thomas, Dylan, Stefano, Sebastian and Mason and I,"

"Stefano made the group, we tried to leave but he would just add us back any way he came inside the group saying he had some tea to spill, of course, we all answered curiously and he told us,"

"So my brother knows as well?" I asked while Seven nodded.

Shit.

I'm fucked.

Mason is one thing but my brother he's the opposite.

"I'm surprised he hadn't called you considering how crazy his ass is," Seven says rolling his eyes.

"How did Zero and Benny took the news?" I question.

"Don't worry about Zero and Benny they don't care, in fact, they were encouraging you,"  sighing in relief I nodded my head.

Figures Zero and Benny were always the uncles to influence me to do what the fuck I want even if they were bad choices.

_________

"Who gives a fuck what they say do what makes you happy! Even if that means jumping off a bridge is something that makes you happy," he said hitting into a pear.

"I agree you only live once and if you get hurt you can always come to me! I was meaning to try this new serum-" Benny began...

__________

"What about my brother?" I asked biting my lips.

Seven sighed avoiding my eyes before looking at Mason who only scowled.

"That's the thing he didn't say nothing he only left the chat, on read,"

Shit.

"I'll go talk to him then," I said as they only nod but before I left their room Mason stopped me.

"Be careful...I don't want you get hurt" he says.

"I've already been hurt before but with the twins, I just know they won't hurt me," I said causing Mason hand on my wrist to tighten.

"Was it that fucker, Matthew?" He growled.

He's going to kill that poor man. As if he doesn't already have hit on his head with the twins.

"Yes, can I go now, please?" Letting go of my arm Mason looked at Seven his face cold as Seven only nodded as if understanding him.

"Bye, Love you,"

________

"Who is it?" my brother yelled behind the door.

"It's me," I replied earning silence in return.

Hearing the sound of footsteps it wasn't long before the door before me opened revealing my big brother.

"Princess,"

"Par-bear" I smiled.

________