Chapter 15

Brahms has been silent to this day. He does move, always following you around. He even tried to sneak some of the snacks you bought today. He's so mysterious, annoying sometimes. When you ask a question he just stares at you followed by a little tilt of his head.

_

"What do you want for tonight's dinner?" You asked him. He shrugged. Bad idea to ask him, you guess.

"Let's go to the kitchen? It's almost dinner you know." He stayed silent again, making things awkward.

He tailgated behind you until you two reached the kitchen. You turned to face the tall man behind you. "Seriously, Brahms. Why're you so quiet? I mean yes you are quiet but not this quiet. Are you shy around me? It's almost a month, Brahmsy. No need to be shy." You said.

He nodded slowly. "Is that the only response I can get? A nod? Give me a proper response, Brahms."

"You came back." He unexpectedly said. His eyes looked so calm, looking into yours. Delighted that he is happy, of course you will. You're homeless tho you got nowhere else to sleep and stay but here at this big manor. You got no one before but now you got one. You two were strangers. No guest is allowed, then why did he beg you to stay that day? Does he look at your looks? The shape of your body? Voice? Personality? That girl you let in is everything, much better than you. Then why didn't he let her stay? It's not on the looks then.

What's with me?

"Of course I do and if I did leave I'll always come back here." He stepped one towards you. He lowered his head, your noses touched.

His eyes calmed down even more. He stared into your eyes as if he were looking at a beautiful scene. "Brahms." He slowly closed his eyes. "Why me? Are you alone so you forced me to stay here? Is it because of how you look?"

"Just like the ones in the fantasy books. You are the protagonist and I am the second character. You did well to me so I will also repay you well for what you did. But there is a force involved, everyone is afraid of me except you. Yes, you are afraid of first but the speed you calm down. "

"The food I left?"

He nodded, "I was so hungry that time. I considered you as my savior that time, you were so kind. I liked you since that day."

"Do you like murdering people?"

"No. I just don't want anyone to hurt someone I treasure. Sometimes if someone mocks me, I'll lose my temper." His words are about murder but his speech tone is so endearing and calming as if he's reading a poem.

"Enough with the murder thing. Sorry for dragging it. What about our love-making last night? Do you think I'll just forget about it?"

He didn't respond, his eyes opened. Based on his eyes, his attitude is serious.

He gently rested his big hands on your waist. "How do you feel after that?"

"I don't know. Maybe I feel dumb? I don't know why'd I agree with your request. We're strangers, Brahms."

"We're not. We're meant to be."

— to be continued.