vi. canyon moon

( winter ricco posted on instagram! )

ricco_winter: on my way✨

liked by Iorenzo_zurzolo, alicepagani, james_wilson  and 23,000 more.

bennipi: bitch get ur ass over here.
^^ricco_winter: so rude 😩
^^alicepagini: omg finally i'm gonna see you.
^^ricco_winter: can't wait babe 🥰

user1: beautiful as always ❤

user2: omg so pretty!!

wilson_james: beautiful❤
^^ricco_winter: ty love.

.         .          .           . 

( real life )

i got out of my car and rung the door bell while staring the indigo painted door of the bunglow belonging to my best friend aka benedetta. 

we were friends since kindergarten but when the time came to go forward with our lives and career we had to part ways. still i was in contact with her but it wasn't the same. we hardly got any time to reminisce our old memories and bond with each other. we were kinda drifting apart. we couldn't even meet up because she had to shoot for her series baby and i had to do several shoots in different countries of the world. it was hectic. 

but just a few days back we surprisingly ran into one another at a premiere party and it was a really huge day for me. we rekindled our friendship and hung out at a restaurant which was a new start to our almost dead friendship. 

"you're late again." ben complained, moving away so that i could enter inside her luxurious house. 

"well hello to you too ben." i muttered sarcastically, looking around the hallway with yellow walls and paintings hung on it giving it an ethereal glow. 

honestly, i was scared to face lorenzo after our weird interaction but surprisingly he greeted me with a smile like that never happened. 

"hi winter!" alice seemed the most excited as she pulled me in a hug. 

"hey!" i responded with the same enthusiasm. next was mirko who i hadn't talked to like ever but it was nice getting to know him as well. 

"so movie or swimming?" benedetta questioned once we were all comfortably settled on the couches ; i and alice on a couch together, benedetta on a love couch and the boys on the couch in front of us. 

"i personally would love a movie marathon." lorenzo spoke for himself. 

"but i thought we were having a pool party?" mirko raised one of his eyebrows.

 "i go with movie as well." i put forward my wish, passing a small smile to lorenzo. "movie." alice added. "then movie it is." benedetta chuckled lightly finding a offended look on mirko. 

"but i get to select the movie." he asserted earning nods of approval from us,"titanic."

"hell no." i was first one to protest,"that makes me cry." everyone chuckled lightly and it made me look down embarrassingly. 

"it makes me cry as well." benedetta admitted with a slight shrug. "i'm not taking a no for titanic." mirko pouted, pleadingly looking at me. 

"alright." i sighed earning a squeal from mirko who grinned in victory.

 "i'll go get some drinks for you all." benedetta said, getting up,"winter can you put on the movie? dvds are in the shelves below." 

"sure!"

benedetta came back with drinks till the time i finished setting up everything. i pressed the play button and silently sipped on my drink, glancing once at everyone to find their eyes glued to the screen. as i had expected, i shed some tears when the movie reached the end. lorenzo caught my eye and he passed a small, sad smile which just made me feel kinda embarrassed but i ignored it and wiped my tears.

 "i'm never watching it ever again." i sniffed, clearing my throat as my voice cracked. 

"aw i'm sorry." mirko said. "oh no, it's fine." i didn't want him to feel guilty or something just because i couldn't control my tears.

 "so who's up for pool party now?" benedetta squealed in excitement as she got up on her feet and clapped. 

"oh yes." mirko cheered. we followed benedetta to the back of her house where she had already made up some preparations like pool floats floating on the bright, blue water and cozy lounge chairs lined up at a distance. 

"this looks so pretty." alice gushed. minutes later, we were already in the pool, my overall kept on one of the lounge chair as i splashed water on benedetta. she gave me a deadly look but she had such small hands that she could do no damage to me. 

"help me out someone." she whined and i couldn't stop my laughter. 

mirko and lorenzo smirked at each other before they chased me around but at the last they ended up splashing water on benedetta. it was pretty fun watching her scold them. 

i was having such a great time even though i doubted that things might be awkward between i and lorenzo but i was very relieved. he was so cheerful and loud the entire time. 

.            .             .              .