x. long way down

text conversation between james and winter

winterheyyy!!jamie????james, why don't u pickup ur phone?james i'm getting worriedpls

winter
heyyy!!
jamie????
james, why don't u pick
up ur phone?
james i'm getting worried
pls

james
hi

winter
WHERE TF R U
PICK UP YOUR
PHONE

james
kinda busy winter

winter
you're not
you're clearly lying james

james
i'm not. ok

winter
i just wanna know what's
keeping you busy

james
work

winter
james no
lmk what are u upto
james??
don't leave me here hanging alone
answer me

( real life! )

frustrated out of everything, i threw the phone randomly on the couch and held my head in my hands. i took a deep breath, constantly chewing on my lips─ a habit i developed due to anxiety.

james was clearly not busy, it was so obvious but i really wanted to know the reason he was so busy. he was keeping away from me which was really shocking as he had never been so distant before except the time when his father really pressured him.

choosing not to over think, i ran back in my room and changed in some appropriate clothes. sliding my feet in the addidas shoes, i quickly got in my car and took the shortest route to james' house.

parking the car in the gateway, i scrambled out of the car and took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

finding james' father at the door really shocked me as from what i know james preferred to live an independent life. maybe he was just here to visit james.

"hi mr. wilson─"

"winter is it?" he interrupted me. it was clearly obvious from the tone of his voice that he disliked me. i had no idea why.

"yes." i replied to his question.

"why are you here?" he rudely asked making me loose my patience.

"to meet my boyfriend." i slyly answered, receiving a disgusted glare from him.

"who's at the door dad?" came james' voice from somewhere inside the house.

i stood on my tippy toes and tried peeking over mr. wilson's shoulders. i caught a glimpse of james' hair which made me smile widely but it dropped when i spotted his family friend, dahlia galenzo with him.

"winter." his dad answered not even moving an inch to let me in.

"i'll. . . i'll leave." i mumbled on hearing light footsteps. without another word, i jogged away from the porch and headed to my car.

i was really stressed and confused. was he cheating on me or maybe i am just over thinking everything. he clearly wanted me to leave him alone. guess i should.

. . . . .

text conversation between lorenzo and benedetta

enzoo ─ lorenzo
benni ─ benedetta

enzoo
hey

benni
hello!!

enzoo
um is winter with you?

benni
no. what's wrong?

enzoo
she hasn't been picking up my phone
neither annie's. today's the day we're
supposed to release the mv

benni
oh let me try

enzoo
please do

benni
no she isn't picking
my phone either

enzoo
call her bf maybe?

benni
i'll try

enzoo
okay!

benni
no he hasn't been picking up
either.

enzoo
what's wrong with everyone?

benni
i have no idea

enzoo
alright. anyway, thank you.