xi. more than this

(  real life! )

i was crying badly once i reached my house after visiting james. he lied about being busy at work when the truth was that he was chilling back at home with his family friends. he could have at least told me he was fine and doing good instead of lying straight to my face.

i slammed the door of the car shut behind myself and unlocked the front door. running upstairs, i wiped my tears and collapsed on my bed, holding my head in my hands. my mind felt numb. completely blank to be precise.

i laid back on my bed and closed my eyes, trying to sleep and let myself relax even though it was like eleven in the morning. i flipped on my sides frequently as i couldn't sleep after knowing what james was actually upto.

the ring of my phone made me groan as i grabbed my phone lying besides me and stared at the screen glowing in front of my eyes. i swiped it up and brought the phone to my ears.

"hi lorenzo." i tried to sound cheerful and happy even though i knew my voice cracked.

"hey winter.  .  . i was trying to call you─" he started but i had to cut him off in between.

"yeah i was kinda busy." i almost choked on my tears and fake coughed to cover it up.

"are you sick?" he asked out of nowhere. tears rolled down my cheeks as i couldn't utter a single word.

"yes." i whispered, doubting if he even heard my vulnerable voice.

"it doesn't seem like.  .  . what's wrong?" he asked.

i gulped the huge lump forming in my throat and sighed,"i don't feel good. jamie has been ignoring me for now about a week while i was doing everything to make him happy and proud of me. i don't know what else to do?"

"why would you say that?" i could sense the astonishment in his voice.

"i saw him with his family friend. he lied about being busy with work when he was clearly enjoying." i ended up crying, the thoughts about james stinging my heart like thorns,"i don't know where i went wrong.  . i am so sorry for crying when you just wanted to talk to me."

"no um, it's alright." i know he felt uncomfortable but he still didn't hang up on me,"let it out. it's a good thing rather than bottling it up. well what i wanna suggest winter, is that you should try to talk to him. i mean you can't let him hurt you, confront him about it and listen to what he's got to say."

"i'll try." i managed to say with a nod even though he couldn't see me.

"good. now i wanted to remind you about the music video. it's fine if you wanna postpone the date or something cause i know it means a lot to you." he spoke softly,"i'll talk to annie─"

"no, it's alright. i don't wanna postpone it." i sniffed, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"alright winter. take care of yourself. i'll handle everything else." he assured me which made me feel a lot better.

"thank you so much lorenzo." i smiled.

"you're welcome." he replied in a cheerful tone before hanging up.

.    .     .     .

(  lorenzo zurzolo posted on instagram! )

lorenzo_zurzolo: good luck by winter_ricco is out now!! ❤️

liked by annie_riccardo, bennipi, alicepagani and 123,000 many others.

user1: ah omg 💘💘

user2: I ALMOST DROPPED MY PHONE!! HDVXJWID

user3: winter's voice is amazing! 😍

bennipi: a banger😱

user4: i just watched the mv and guys i think we have a new ship
^^user6:what do u think we should name them?
^^user5: wintenzo or lorinter??
^^alicepagani: wintenzo sounds nice
^^user4: omfg!! 😳