𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

During one of my meetings with a local gang, I let my mind wander off 'I wonder how she is'

During one of my meetings with a local gang, I let my mind wander off 'I wonder how she is'. 'Would she look more like me, or her mother?' 'What kind of personality does she have?' Thoughts of such things swirl around my mind. She'd be 18 at the end of the year, along with Roman. I can see it through his eyes that he misses his twin tremendously. Though he rarely shows it, it has always been there.

All my sons have coped with her no longer being here differently. Alessio became a man who said a few words after Ciara died, and then when I sent Rexha away, he was cold towards anything and everything, especially towards me. Alessio broke down for two days straight after his mother passed, and then eventually put his feelings aside and focused on us, like his mother did. It was his main focus after Rexha was gone too. Matteo was quiet. I mean he was always quiet, but after everything, he felt there was no need to speak when not needed. Marco was quite the opposite. He spoke everything he thought. Whether it was the brutal truth, or his own opinion, he said it. To everyone else, he spoke through his fists, later on developing anger issues. Roman, like I previously said, hardly shows the emptiness he feels that his twin should've filled. But as he grew up, he became the jokester, relentlessly trying to lighten the tension that always fell upon us when we rarely are in the same room, all together.

I, on the other hand, distanced myself. And I think it impacted my kids enormously while growing up. Do I wish I did it differently, better? Of course. I've been trying to make that effort recently, but it is to no avail. I can see hidden resentment towards me in their eyes. And I can't blame them, I have some in me too. I don't know what to do to improve our relationship. Whenever we speak, we really can't. Believe me, there is so much I want to discuss, but once I get there, I just freeze, internally panicking of how they would respond.

I stay within my thoughts for a while more, then finally focusing back on the meeting. I meet Alessio's gaze for a split second, and then he moves his eyes towards whoever started speaking to him. I look down at the papers in front of me, reviewing our agreement. I have yet to sign it to make it official, as I feel something off. I go over the fine print one more time and notice a change, a change we have not approved.

So, I bring it up; "Why don't you stop there," I interrupt Ruben, the business partner we're meeting. I see Alessio turn to me, curiously. "If you look at page 2, at the last paragraph on the third line there is a condition you never discussed, therefore, we never agreed upon." As I finish, I lift my head up to Ruben who looks like a deer caught in the lights. I mean, he technically was.

Alessio quickly flips through the contract, eventually getting to page two. Once he reads what i was talking about, his eyes turn hard. The atmosphere suddenly gets tight. I understand, what he added was far too much to ask for, especially in his position in the deal. He needs us more than we need him, so him asking for more is ludacris. Alessio suddenly chuckles, startling Ruben from the sudden change in reaction. I know for a fact that this won't be good.

"So, Ruben, care to explain why the fuck there is something we never discussed in the contract, hm? Actually, nevermind, I don't care for the reason. You put it in there, trying to get something out of me. So you deal with the repercussions." Alessio's hard glare never wavered from Ruben's shakily body. I could see sweat beads trickling down his head He tried calming down, grabbing onto whatever confidence he had left within him to respond.

"W-well, I- uh- pu-t th-at t-here bec-ause I- um- though-t it wa-s al-ri-ght, M-mr. Es-espos-ito." Ruben stuttered. God, you can feel his fear from here. I suppose if I was in his shoes I would be too, but I would at least try to conceal it. Fucker is about to feel someone's wrath, whether it be me, or Alessio. Speaking of which, I look over to him trying to see how he's reacting. He looks annoyed and bothered. Done with Ruben and all his excuses.

"Take him." With a wave of a hand from Alessio, the guards around take a hold of Ruben, intending to drag him towards the basement. Finally feeling it settle, Ruben starts thrashing within the hold he's in, knowing this is his only chance if he were to get out. Unfortunately for him, it was pointless, as all his energy focused on escaping, drained briskly. The guards drags his body out shutting the door behind him leaving Alessio and I in the room.

"How did you know it was there?" Alessio swiftly asks, slightly tired from the situation we just faced. I was expecting as much, so I answered truthfully.

"Well, I was listening to him and what he was saying sounded very hesitant and uncertain. So I reviewed the contract once more and discovered what he tried to slip through" I replied, matching his expression.

"Okay, great, thank you. I'll go and deal with him." And with that, he exits the room. I sigh, slightly disappointed that we were not able to talk longer.

Hours later

I'm currently on the balcony of my room, overlooking the open field surrounding the outskirts of the manor. I had purposely chosen this room for this view. You would always have the best view of the stars and moon throughout the night. When Rexha was little and still living with us, whenever she had a nightmare or couldn't sleep, I would take her to the balcony and watch the stars with her, slowly guiding her to sleep. I could tell she always had a fascination with them.

Thinking about Rexha once again, I think about what she would be doing right now. What thoughts she would have, or what she had done during her day. I thought about her some more until something came through my head, what if I had her come back from boarding school? I mean, I know you're not supposed to take your child in the middle of the school year, but I could pull some strings and say some words.

And so, that's what I did.

_________________________

1197 words

Well I hope you all like the peek into Flavio's mind. I tried my best not to make it basic and cliche like most (no hate or shame towards those who wrote their story like that) but I hope this sufficed as the third chapter. I mean it should, I am a good ass writer. Uh anyways-

a hui hou~

-lynn