Chapter 4 | Blossoms

Chapter song - Where do lover's go by Ghostly Kisses

•••

There was something sweet in the air. It felt different as I walked ahead, clutching the bottles in my hand. The afternoon sun, the breeze, the sweet smell, and the faint sound of the river coming from the direction where I was heading to. Who could have known you would be able to find something in a forbidden forest like this. I was familiar with the silence, with the serenity but unknown to the place. Maybe I should have come sooner. Why? I had no idea and I wanted to know. So I walked, straight, until the sound of water was near.

There was urgency. Maybe because I was thirsty enough, or maybe I just wanted to satisfy myself with the infatuation I was creating for myself, I always did. The need of searching for something, all my life I had been searching for something. What? I had no idea.

I could hear the sound of water, the chirping of birds and the sweet smell dancing in the air. Intoxicating and virtuous. My desperation was taking the best of me.

My legs moved on their own, my eyes curiously wandering between the green trees. They looked lively and full of life. It was not something someone would take time to appreciate but I had this weird longing buried deep inside of me which only I understand.

I was no different from other people yet I was different from anyone else.

Every now and then I had felt it.

I could have been wrong for thinking that way but I was not wrong. After all, I was a human too.

With a heavy sigh I followed the sound of the water until I came in front of a tree. My eyes taking in the mesmerizing view in front of me, maybe it was the best thing I had ever seen in my life.

The waterfall falling from the blue sky as if it was falling from heaven itself, the crystal clear water, so calm yet frisky. I could say it was my first time seeing a waterfall, of course I knew what a waterfall was like, everything I had heard was from my mother.

I had this sudden urge to touch the water. It wouldn't be too late if I spend some time alone here, who knows when I would get the next chance. With a determination in my eyes and a small smile on my lips I stepped forward but soon my determination turned into frown and my leg stopped midway.

I noticed I was not alone.

There was a presence which I hadn't noticed before, too busy to look around. By the smell of it I was certain it was a human.

Again it was the sweet smell, but it was stronger now. I grew curious. There shouldn't have been any flowers, it was not the time. There were still dry leaves falling from the trees but here, the trees didn't seem like they were dying. Was I again assuming things? Was my mind again playing games with me?