Chapter 7 | Labyrinth

Nick

Nick

The Dry Leaves crunched beneath my paws, as I ran happily under the moonlight, not having any idea of the direction. The forest had become a labyrinth of trees and wild bushes. My fur swayed with the gentle breeze. The ecstasy I felt after having so much freedom couldn't be described. It felt like a Deja Vu. 

My first time being in the woods came rushing through my mind, the first shift, the first run, everything. It'd never occurred to me till now how much time had passed. Right now, as I ran I could feel the difference in my body. Last time, I was still trying to connect with nature, testing my instincts. I was lacking in so many levels and right now I'm still lacking. I couldn't control my senses. 

I halted in my way as I heard a faint sound from somewhere, alerting my animal instincts. One can never be sure what lies in the maze of an eerie deep forest. There could be wild animals, awaiting for their next victim, to feast on them. The forest has no rules, either one can make it for survival or can die with misfortune. 

Being weak can never be an option. Either it's a labyrinth of a deep forest or the maze of one's life. 

In the midst of all this, where do Jungkook and I stand? 

As I slumped on the wet ground in exhaustion, I realised how much of a never ending labyrinth my life was. Could it be right to claim it as my life when it was not? I shouldn't claim myself as an individual when I was just a shadow, meant to be hidden in the dark. 

I looked up at the sky where the moon shone with so much brightness, and there was darkness surrounding it. Without the moon and the stars there's no significance of the dark. Without them it would never look pleasant, it would always be represented as evil, death, extortionate and horrid. And I, I was the darkness around Jungkook, who was the moon, only meant to shine. I can never replace him, no matter how much I try to spread. 

I was hidden in between his mind and body but I can never touch his soul, I have no right to it. 

If only I was my own person. 

The time passed by me lying on the ground, staring at the sky, with silence and peace. I didn't want to go back, not now. 

I closed my eyes, curling up my body. Resting my chin on my paws before the deep slumber took over me. 

I woke up feeling a wet substance on my head, it dripped like a drop of water but I couldn't feel the rain on my rest of the body. It was not raining. Confusion swirled inside me as I opened my eyes. The vision in front of me was blurry, as I yawned. Raising from the spot I stretched my body, my sharp nails digging on the soil, making my paws dirty. The sun was up, the rays peeking through the gap of the tall trees, still unable to fully reach the ground as I looked at my surroundings. Suddenly remembering where I was and I'd fallen asleep without any care of the world. 

As much as I'd like to stay here isolated from everyone, I'd have to go back to that stupid library. 

A thick substance rolled from my head to my snot, making me tilt my head in confusion. At first I'd thought it was the rain but the bad smell coming from it made me gag.