Chapter 4: Modern Weapon Summoning System

When tomorrow arrived, Del was anxious. The fear of the unknown was engulfing him. He had the odds of being banished, but it wasn't that big in his mind. He still had some faith in his friends even after all that had happened to him.

They were taking votes in the throne room. Most of his friends didn't have that much reaction to Del's banishment from the group. After all, Del wasn't exactly useful inside of that group. He would be a dead weight and everyone knew it. It was just a matter of time until someone had the idea to banish him.

"Your majesty, may I inquire something. Why would Del need to be banished?" Eric asked.

"I'm not banishing Del. Del doesn't have a place inside of the heroes party. Del will be dead before he entered the front line. Let me tell you something, war is not a game young boy," the king said.

"What do you mean?"

"Elbanian Kingdom will take good care of Del while you all defeat the demonic lord. We are not banishing him anywhere. We will put him out of the heroes party and we will give him a more comfortable place," the king said.

"In that case, I also agree with you, your majesty. Del will be better off outside of the heroes party," Eric said.

There was a larger murmur among the others student. Some agreed with the banishment since they knew that Del was below the average person of that world while the others didn't want one of their friends to be separated from them.

"Damn, why Del should be out of the party? He should stay, right?"

"He will get himself killed, what do you think?"

"C'mon, it will be better for Del."

Del couldn't speak up. He knew the king was lying. If he were to be banished, he would be really thrown out of the palace and the heroes' party. There was simply no way out of that situation. Del felt very angry. He wanted to punch the king and Eric right now, but he couldn't.

If he punched the king, he would get killed. If he punched Eric, the others would surely vote to banish him. There was no way to run. Del couldn't do anything. He was helpless. If he spoke up, Eric would cancel it out by saying that his voice meant nothing.

"Guys, listen, the king will keep Del's safe while we fight the demonic lord to return to our world. I trust the king, why wouldn't you guys?" Eric used his diplomatic ability.

Anna walked forward, "Eric, we are a team, we can't do anything without Del."

Eric smirked and sighed, "Look, Anna, I don't care if he is your brother. But please, be realistic, in this current state, Del should get out of our party."

"But..."

"Please, Anna, be realistic. You want your brother to be alive, right?" Eric pressured Anna.

"Yes, but this is not the way, Eric," Anna said.

"Anna, please, trust the king..." Eric further pressured Anna.

"Fine..."

After that, the vote commenced. After some dispute between the students, the result of the vote was clear. More than half of the students voted for Del's banishment. Anna looked dissatisfied, but there was nothing she could do.

Del felt betrayed that day. He swore that he would get back to Eric and give him a lesson.

'Eric, I swear I'll give you a lesson you'll never forget.'

***

"Oh, I see. Well, I always forget that kind of story, you know? Anyway, If you can help me with the inn tomorrow, I'd give you free rent for three nights, what do you say?" Rina asked drunk Del.