Chapter 6: Midham and Begard

Del began walking towards Begard. The town was not very far from Midham. It would only take thirty minutes by horse. If Del ran in the direction of Begard, he would arrive there in around two hours.

The road toward Begard was paved with stones. The road to Begard wasn't dangerous due to the continuous patrol from the knights of the Elbanian Kingdom.

It would be exhausting and Del knew about that. However, a 1911 pistol was well worth it alongside extra crackers. With those crackers, he would be able to take a quest located a little bit further without spending much money just for the food.

The clothes that Del was wearing was still the same as the one which was given by the Elbanian Kingdom. He washed the clothes once a week when he could afford not to go outside of the inn. He would usually dry his clothes upstairs while waiting for them to dry with the other adventurers. He planned to buy new clothes if he had the money.

Speaking of clothing...

"Pidma, are you there?" Del asked while running in the road.

[Personal Information and Data Management Assistant Initiated]

[Hello there, what can I do for you?]

"Pidma, last night, I saw that you can give me something other than guns. Can you give me clothing?" Del asked.

[Yes. I can give you anything besides guns for a modest price]

"Cool, give me a new pair of clothing then," Del said.

[Give you? You need to pay for it, Del. You better have the money.]

"Is five silver coins enough for a new pair of clothing?" Del asked.

[Calculating Conversion From Coins to Dollars. User Has 10$]

"Does that mean I have enough money to buy a new pair of clothing?" Del asked.

[No, I'm afraid not.]

"As expected..." Del sighed.

Del knew that he didn't have enough money. Even the cheapest clothing in the clothing store was twelve silver coins and it was used. A new white shirt would cost him around fifteen silver coins. Del couldn't afford it yet.

[However, if you need an item, I can arrange a quest for you. Some people actually have demand for some items. Others are interested in having someone disappear. There is also some demand on the market for information.]

"Wait, well, show me a quest for clothing then," Del said as he continued walking.

[Ok.]

▬▬▬

[White Wolf Fur Demand]

Alright, I found that someone in Midham wants to buy a white wolf fur. If you come to the guild and finish the quest, you should get enough money to buy a new pair of clothing. I can arrange a loadout for you to use if you finish the quest.

Task:

[Finish Gathering Wolf Fur Quest] [1x]

Reward: [M1943 Combat Uniform] [20 Silver Coins] [50 Copper Coins]

▬▬▬

"White Wolf??? Pidma, that thing is a D-rank threat. There is no way I can't deal with that thing. I even doubt that bullet would penetrate the thick skin of the wolf itself. However, if you give me a rifle," Del said to Pidma.

[Want me to put it for later?]

"Yes, I'll take that quest when I become strong enough. In the meantime, I'll just focus on the task that you give for me right now," Del said.