Chapter 7: 1911 vs Slime

Inside of that metal box, there were the items that PIDMA promised to give to Del. There were three .45 ACP magazines filled with bullets. There were also three packs of crackers inside of an MRE bag.

Del always saw the thing like MRE and pistols on the Internet. However, he never tried it out himself. There was also the sterile gauzes inside of the metal box which was basically a fabric useful for packing wound. Del remembered using it to cover his wound when he fell down the stairs.

"Not bad," Del picked up the 1911 pistol.

It was a black pistol with wooden furnishings on its grip. It was an old pistol that was made way before the Second World War. It was chambered in .45 ACP. The bullet should be able to penetrate most non-demonic animals. However, Del doubted the bullet would be able to wound any demonic animal that entered the category of monsters.

"Pidma, what's this bullet is made of? Just copper and lead or is there a steel penetrator inside of this bullet?" Del asked.

[The bullet is .45 ACP FMJ. It's basically the standard bullet that you will find in 1911. You might want to upgrade the bullet later.]

It was Pidma's way of saying that the bullet sucked. Still, it was a giveaway item so Del shouldn't even protest about it. Del also found a pistol holster inside of the metal box. It was a drop-leg holster so he could put it right on his upper thigh.

There was a guide on how to put the holster too. It shouldn't be hard. Del followed the instruction and put the holster on his thigh. He put the 8-round magazines inside of his pants pocket since he didn't have enough money to buy a tactical rig.

Still, for him, being able to defend himself from bandits was more than enough. At first, Del also thought just like anyone else from another world that bandits were dumb creatures that raided carriages for money.

However, reality hit him differently when he got robbed by the bandits. They essentially surrounded Del while pointing their weapons at him. They usually ambushed any merchant that went out of a town without enough escort. Del was lucky that he didn't get killed since he didn't even have any money in his pocket.

They were big in numbers and usually consisted of beginner combatants. A group of bandits usually had a threat rank of D. They needed a single D-rank adventurer to eliminate or a group consisted of E-rank adventurers. However, it also varied depending on the groups.

"Del, can you come downstairs?" Rina called Del from downstairs.

"Sure," Del got out of his room and he walked downstairs.

Downstairs, he couldn't find where Rina was. There was only her daughter on the receptionist's desk.

He asked Lisa, "Lisa, where's your mother?"

"She's in the kitchen. Anyway, my mother asked me to tell you that she needs help with pest control. A slime kept eating the vegetables that the townsfolk planted. They wanted an adventurer to deal with it. Luckily, there was you," Lisa said.

"So, you want me to exterminate those slimes for you?" Del asked.

"Yes. Don't tell me you're afraid of slimes. They don't even hurt you," Lisa said.

"I know," Del said.

"Alright, the slime is in the grassland on the back of the Inn, deal with it," Lisa said.

"Damn, Lisa, you don't need to be that authoritative with me, you're not my boss," Del said.

"Well, technically, I am your boss since my mother is your boss, so, get moving, ok?" Lisa said.