I too was a wolf

5

5

"Tell me everything," Adira said as the rain slowed down.

So Sam then told her what she wanted.

I was five years old when my parents passed away.

  Mom died of overdose. Dad had delusional problems anyway, so the day after Mom's death, he had jumped off the balcony.

I could not help him. I saw all that blood and started crying. Ran to the garage and hid myself.

My house was located in a very open area. Someone must have seen my father's body and called the cops and the ambulance.

When I heard the sirens, I sneaked out of the garage and ran into the woods. I kept running and looked back occasionally to see if anyone was following me.

No one was.

As I ran, I stumbled and fell onto an open clearing. Hurt me knee real bad. It was bleeding and the wound had cut deep.

I was used to being hurt. Mom and Dad both used to hit me when they were drunk- which was half the time.

But the wound was so painful I could not get up. I was exhausted too, with all the crying and running.

I still don't know why I ran. I guess I did not know what I would do anymore, now that Dad died too.

I had no idea what would happen with me.

Right then, a wolf came out from the bushes. A werewolf to be exact.

He had venomous eyes and I still remember his glistening sharp teeth.

He jumped on me to attack and I don't remember much on what was happening then.

All I know was that I was wrestling him helplessly and I felt blood trickle from under my face.

Then there was a gun shot and the wolf fell away.

It was someone from the Hunter's department.

But the wolf was strong and did not completely die. As the hunter and wolf started wrestling, I ran again.

Away from them.

At that time I thought that the man with the gun may shoot me too.

Eventually, I fainted out of exhaustion and hunger.

I woke up to a wolf and a human looking at me.

Seeing the wolf eyes I started jerking and crying but then the wolf transformed into a man and I relaxed, even though I was still confused.

They both were members from The Blue Moon Pack.

They had saved me and brought me to the Alpha's Mansion.

"You were bitten, young boy," one of them told me. "You are going to transform into one of us. Into a werewolf. As I repay to what happened to you, we invite you to the Blue Moon Pack to live among us."

I didn't transform until the age of seven.

I had started to develop the wolf qualities, but the real transformation had occurred late.

They said it was because I was just five when I was bitten. At first I told them that maybe I would not change but they were adamant that I would eventually. And I did.

Since then I lived with the Blue Moon Pack.

When I was around the age of ten, I asked some of the older members about the hunter who had shot the wolf who had bitten me.

They said that the hunter had died but the wolf was hunted down by the pack members and was killed too.

I felt guilty for the man's death. He had been trying to save me and ended up dead.

So I decided to work as a Werewolf Hunter too. To hunt down rogues.

The Blue Moon Pack were not necessarily happy but they never stopped me.

That's how I met you.

But I never had the courage to tell you the truth.

You were so normal. A human. So real. I missed that. I wanted that. I didn't want to taint you with my truth. Hanging out with you felt special and different. Away from the whole werewolf world.

So I never was able to tell you.

That I too, was a wolf.