A French Restaurant

Unedited *

Unedited *

6

Adira knew that Sam's parents were dead but she hadn't really known how.

Sam had told her that he was living and was raised by his distant relatives, which wasn't a complete lie, Adira thought.

Adira hugged Sam again after he told her everything and tried to stop the tears.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"It's not your fault." Sam smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Sammael!" Someone called out gruffly and Sam immediately got up from the ground.

Adira got up to and saw who had spoken.

His voice was familiar. . . .

"Beta Rhen," Sam greeted him nodding.

Rhen!

Rhen was an inch shorter than Sam but was a lot stronger looking. Unlike Sam's skinny body, he was more built up. He was wearing black jeans and a faded blue t-shirt.

He reminded Adira of the popular football jocks from her high school.

He had cut short, black hair, that looked neat and stylish, again, very different from Sam. His eyes were a mix of the colour of ice and watery blue, and jaw looked sharp enough to cut wood with.

"If you are done with whatever meltdown you had earlier, go back to Timber and base A," he said. "They are discussing new techniques used to hunt down the rogue. Now that the Hunters are collaborating with our pack for this mission, we want you to do this in your wolf form."

Sam nodded respectfully and ran off to wherever the whole Base A thing was.

Rhen turned his eyed to Adira then and Adira felt a shiver go up through her spine.

"I'm Beta Rhen," he took a step forward, his hand extended.

Adira took a step front too and shook his hand. She felt a jolt go through her at his touch. His grip was firm and alluring.

"Adira Robinson," she said. She refrained from adding 'Werewolf Hunter' thinking back to how the blue haired guy had laughed at her. And it was pointless anyway. Rhen clearly already knew who she was.

"So, let's discuss what we both know," Rhen said getting straight to the point.

Adira nodded, "Yeah-"

"But," Rhen continued. "Somewhere where it is not too wet and foggy."

At that Adira laughed. She followed Rhen out the woods into the parking area.

"Wait, we are going out?" Adira's voice came out in a shriek.

Rhen raised an eyebrow at her as he unlocked his dark blue SUV.