A simple meeting with an old friend

Zhongli woke up to sounds of birds chirping and light breeze of wind flowing threw the windows.His messy hair flowing in the breeze he quickly put it up in a messy bun and rubbed his eyes then got up from bed and closed the windows.He then made his way to the bathroom to take a shower.Once he was done he dried his hair and body and put on his everyday clothes and then he brushed his hair and put it in a low pony tail and began to make his way downstairs to make some tea.

3 hours later he then finished the tea

Zhongli got out a tea cup out and carefully poured the tea in it.He then picked up the tea filled cup and began to head to the kitchen table and then sat down but before he could take a sip he heard knocking at his front door.
It was Venti

V=Venti
Z=Zhongli

V :Knocking:
Z "Hm?...Who could that be?"

Zhongli got up from the table leaving his tea and headed to the door to see who was knocking at his door

Z "Who is it-...oh it's you...bard."
V "Why so glum, not happy to see me!"
Z "No I'm overly joyed to see you again old friend."

Zhongli said sarcastically with a blank face

V "Your sarcasm is the same as ever Zhongli!Nice to see my old friend not changing a bit!"

Venti said with a wink and a smile

Z "Mhm...did you need anything?"
V "Oh yea!I almost forgot what I came here for!Wanna join me for a drink this fine morning!"
Z "Going out drinking this early in the day?You sir have not changed either."
V "Hehe!Nope!Is that a yes or no?"
Z "What tavern would we be going to?"
V "Angel share of course!...Yall's taverns in Liyue has such a small limit on how many drinks you can get it would take all the fun out of drinking!"

Venti said while rolling his eyes

Z "Yea for drunkards like who don't know when to stop drinking and get black out drunk every night."

Zhongli crossed his arms

V "Oh come on I don't get black out drunk every night!Atleast every other but I wouldn't say every night!"
Z "Mm...fine"
V "Great!Come on let's go!Xiao's already waiting for us at Angel Share!
Z "That's not what I-"
V "Let's go!On our way to Mondstadt we go!
Z "*sigh*"

After a hour or so Venti and Zhongli made it to Mondstadt they were stopped by the guards to ask what there reason for being here

V "We're just here for a drink!No trouble!"

Venti said with a smile

The Gaurds "Ok...You may pass."

Venti and Zhongli walked passed the gaurds and made there way to Angel Share

Guard 1 "Hm I've seen Venti around here before...but never the other guy-"
Guard 2 "I think he's from Liyue...I think his name was Zhongli"
Guard 2 "He kinda reminds me of Master Diluc."
Guard 1 "How?"
Guard 2 "How he has a way with both men and women do you not see those men and women blushing and staring at him as he goes to the tavern?"
Guard 1 "Now that you mention it-"
Guard 2 "Exactly that happens with Master Diluc all the time."
Guard 1 "I mean I don't blame the men and women Master Diluc and Mr.Zhongli are both very attractive men."
Guard 2 "You gay little-"

That's all Venti and Zhongli heard before getting out of ear shot

V "*sniff* Do they not think I'm attractive?! *sniff* How could they?! *sniff* Im wayyyy more attractive then you!"

Venti said while dramatically fake crying

Z "Uh...I bet they think your loads of attractive too-"

Zhongli said with a sarcastic voice and put his hand on Venti's shoulder

V "Let's just get to the tavern already so I can drink these problems away!"

Venti said while wiping his fake tears away and continuing to walk
Zhongli basically just did this face ":|" at Venti's stupidity

Once Venti and Zhongli made there way to the Tavern they were greeted by annoyed Xiao as he has been waiting for them for about an 1 hour now scolding both Venti and Zhongli for it

V "I'm sorry Xiao!But can you pleaseee stop pulling my earr!"
X "No."
V "I'll give you a kiss if you stop!"
X "..."
Z "And thats my cue to leave and go sit at the bar...yall have fun-"

Zhongli made his way to bar and seated himself at one of the stools and waited to be asked what drink he wanted as he waited for Venti and Xiao to finish up.Zhongli expected to be greeted by a staff member but to his surprise he was greeted by Diluc himself.(Zhongli doesn't know it's Diluc at first so that's why his name is question marks at first)

??? "What can I get for you."

Z "Some Dandel-"

Zhongli stopped his words as he looked up to see who was talking to him and to his surprise it was Diluc himself

Z "A-Are you Master Diluc?"

D=Diluc

D "Hm?...Oh...yes I am and you are?"
Z "Oh r-right excuse my rude manners...I'm Zhongli."
D "Greetings to you Zhongli.Not from around here hm?"
Z "Is it that obvious..."
D "Mm...yea kinda...how about I get you a drink and then we can continue talking...?"
Z "Why not...I'll have a glass of Dandelion Wine."
D "Coming right up."

Diluc began to pour Zhongli a glass of his finest Dandelion Wine and then handed it to him

Z "Thank you...o-oh w-wait how much do I owe you?Or do I pay you after I finish my drink?"
D "It's on the house."
Z "No,no,no let me pay you."
D "No I insist.It's on the house.Take it as a...little...welcoming gift for your first time coming to my tavern."
Z "Oh!...Thank you...-This is your tavern you say?"
D "Mhm...all these people are my staff.And the rest are my usual customers...no new faces except for you."
Z "Even Venti and Xiao?"
D "Yes I've seen Xiao here quiet a few times but only with Venti of course."
Z "And Venti?"
D "Oh most definitely Venti.There's not a day I go by without seeing Venti.That man comes here everyday and gets blackout drunk every single time.And I mean every.single.time."
Z "*sigh* I knew it...I apologize for actions..."
D "You can't apologize for people's actions...cause that's just how they are...no matter how many times you apologize doesn't mean there gonna change.And honestly...I don't mind Venti or the way he acts it just good to have some genuine company."
Z "What do you mean by "genuine company"?"
D "Ugh *sigh* Ive said to much...but what I mean is Venti usually comes to the tavern to talk to me...and once we have good chat...or so...that's when he starts drinking."
Z "You know Master Diluc...I didn't come here for alcohol.I came here cause Venti invited me...*Zhongli pushed his drink to the side*...But now that I know how you feel...I wanna be your genuine company and just come here to talk to you."
D "W-What?...Y-You *cough cough*...You don't have to do that."
Z "I insist."
D "*cough cough* Ok...I won't stop you...but if you do come here just for alcohol that is fine."
Z "That won't happen but whatever you say."
D "Mm."
X "Hey!Mr.Zhongli let's go, Venti fell asleep and I thought we'd just head back to Liyue now."
Z "Oh...coming...give me a minute tho."
X "Ok.Don't take to long."
Z "I'll be going now.See you back here tomorrow?"
D "Oh...y-yea...I'll be here."
Z "Great.Goodbye Master Diluc have a good night."
D "You too Zhongli."

Zhongli caught up with Xiao who was holding Venti on his back and they all left the tavern and made there way back to Liyue
:Cursing:

D "What the actual the actual fuck did I just agree to..."

This is the end of this chapter hope you enjoyed it!

1393 words