Compliments

After dating for a while, you finally mustered up the guts to ask to stay the night with Nanami. You didn't want to intrude on his routine or what he does off the clock so you were a bit nervous when you made your request, but he didn't mind one bit. Your company was always welcome to him, and he thought that he may finally get a good night's sleep for once if you were with him. So, on Friday after all your work had been taken care of, you went home with Nanami to spend the night, sharing his bed in one of the most blissful sleeps you've had in quite some time. What you didn't expect though was the delight it would be to wake up next to him.

That Saturday morning was warm and welcoming. Mornings were definitely different when you woke next to him, the soft glow of sunlight casting a dreamlike haze over his image. You were the first to wake, so you admired him for a moment before you gently nudged him awake, desiring to speak with him.

"Wake up sleepyhead~" You hummed gently, running your fingers through his hair.

Nanami groaned lazily as he was roused from his sleep. Slowly lifting his head from the comfort of his pillow. He actually had an incredible sleep, so he was still a bit groggy and delirious as he looked at you with half lidded eyes.

"I didn't think you'd look this handsome in the morning. Wow~" You complimented as you retracted your hand.

"Hand... some?" He mumbled, blinking away his tiredness.

"Yes handsome! My god have you never been complimented before?" You chuckled. "You're handsome, charming, and down right gorgeous. Especially with this morning glow."

"Now where's all this coming from?" He asked further now that he was a little more awake.

"From no place at all besides my heart. You deserve more praise than you get, so I'm simply pointing out the obvious is all." You said with a smile.

Nanami was silent for a moment, genuinely unsure of how to respond. In that moment, his cheeks had started to tint a rosy shade of pink: a rare sight to see on him. He only realized that he was blushing when your eyes widened with your smile, the heat on his face becoming much more apparent. He drew his lips into a thin line out of embarrassment and tried to cover his face, but you weren't having any of that.

"Don't hide your blush, it's so cute!" You cooed, pushing his hand out of the way so you could get closer to him and caress his cheek. "It's so rare to see you blush, Kento~. The pink suits you wonderfully."

"How... How do you manage to do this to me..." He mumbled, the crimson on his cheeks only getting darker.

"Do you want me to stop?" You asked.

He averted his eyes for a moment, lost in thought while your thumb gently rubbed his cheek. "... Not necessarily."

"You are so cute." You giggled, lining yourself up with his eyes so he looked at you.

"It's... different. I'm not used to being flustered." He commented.

"I suppose it is. You've never really been complimented on anything else besides your work ethic, right?" You questioned.

He nodded against your palm.

"Tch, figures. How dare no one else appreciate your beauty off the clock! I guess I'll have to work hard on doing that myself then." You said playfully.

A gentle little smile finally crept up onto his face, and he scoffed. He then reached over and took hold of your body, pulling you in close and smushing your face into his chest. His hug was warm, and you laughed.

"You've never been this flustered before, have you?" You asked.

"Never." He mumbled with an increasing heart rate. "You're simply too good to be true. I'm the one who's supposed to turn your cheeks red, not the other way around."

"Well, I think you deserve to be complimented more often. You're more than just a sorcerer, Kento. You're everything and more to me." You said sweetly, bringing your lips to his in a tender kiss.

He reveled in the sensation, squeezing your waist as you crept up closer and closer. This feeling you gave him was new, yet wonderful, and he cherished it dearly with every passing second. He was lost in a daze, only coming back to reality when your lips parted from him. The look suited him in your eyes, and you hummed in appreciation.

"So, shall we get breakfast? I mean, you were plenty filling to me but I think I have a little extra room." You teased.

"Oh stoppp..." He mumbled, rolling his eyes while his smile gave him away.

"I'm sorry~!" You laughed. "C'mon, let's eat."

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this." He sighed, finally sitting up with you.

And that was exactly how you liked it. Getting him flustered over a few compliments was a sight you would never get tired of seeing.