(21) The Wolf House

"An ice storm?" Piper shouted to be heard over the sound of the engines and the strong wind. "Is it supposed to be this cold Somona?"

"We've got to be getting close." Jason, who had just woken up as well, said.

"There." Layla pointed at the ground below that was covered with trees and fog.

Leo seemed to struggle with the joystick but managed to land on an ice field.

"Out!" He screamed. They all got out of the helicopter just in time before a massive BOOM shook the ground. Snow hit Leo and he fell on to the ground as if somebody had threw him the world's biggest snowball.

"You all right?" Jason and Layla rushed at his side with Piper following closely behind.

"Yeah." Leo was shivering. "Guess we owe that ranger lady a new helicopter."

"Fighting's over there." Piper pointed their left. But then she turned her head tp the right and frowned. "No... actually, it's all around us."

She was right. They had landed in the middle of the battle field. Around them hunters were fighting with Wolves and other monsters. In distance, they could see the wolf house. It was burnt and ruined but Layla could imagine how nice it had once been.

"Jason, Layla." A voice called. Thalia appeared from the fog. Her bow was ready on her hand but her quiver was almost empty.

"Watch out!" Layla called pointing at an earthborn that was about to charge her with his club. Thalia did a backflip, throwing an arrow at the same time and landed on her knees. It hit the earthborn right between the eyes and it disintegrated.

"That was my last one." Thalia pointed at her empty quiver. "Stupid orge."

"Nice shot, though." Leo said. As usual she ignored him. She hugged Layla and Jason and nodded at Piper.

"You came just in time. My hunters are holding a perimeter around the mansion, but we'll be overrun any minute." She said.

"By Earthborn?" Jason asked.

"By earthborn and Wolves- Lycaon's minions." Thalia replied. "Also storm spirits-"

"But we gave them to Aeolus!" Piper said.

"Who tried to kill us." Layla reminded her. "Maybe he's helping Gaia again."

"I don't know," Thalia said. "But the monsters keep re-forming almost as fast as we kill them. We took the Wolf House with no problem. We surprised the guards and sent them to Tartarus. But then this freak snowstorm blew in. Wave after wave of monsters started attacking. Now we're surrounded. I don't know who or what planned this. It was a trap to kill anyone who tried to rescue Hera."

"Where is she?" Jason asked.

"Inside." Thalia said. "We tried to free her, but we can't figure out how to break the cage. It's only a few minutes until the sun goes down. Hera thinks that's the moment when Porphyrion will be reborn. Plus, most monsters are stronger at night. If we don't free Hera soon..." She didn't have to finish, they all new well what was going to happen. They turned around and followed her into the ruined mansion.

Jason stepped on the threshold but collapsed before he could enter the house. Layla caught him.

"Hey!" Leo said. "None of that, man. What's wrong?"

"This place..." Jason said. "Sorry... it came rushing back to me."

"So you have been here."

"All three of us have." Thalia said.