(24) Hera's True Form Is So Terrible It Killed All The Monsters

Fighting the king of giants alone without a weapon was the worst thing Layla had ever seen someone doing. Jason, however, didn't wait to hear her advice. Before Layla could tell him anything he flew towards the giant's leg.

As much as she would like to help him there was still an army of bloodthirsty monsters to be taken care of.

She slashed with her sword and stricked with lightning bolts for what seemed like aeons but the monsters kept coming back.

With every hit she grew more and more tired. When she finally heard Leo's voice saying "I got it!", it was probably the best moment of her entire life.

"Yes," Hera got out of the cage. She grew double in size and glowed with power. Her black robes got replaced with a with a white gown. "Now I shall have my revenge."

All the monsters including the giant backed away, the later had a look in his eyes the clearly said 'This is far from over.'

Hera started to glow even brighter. "Cover your eyes, my heroes!" She said.

Layla knew fully well what was going to happen, if she kept her eyes open, so she closed them and turned away from the glowing goddess.

About half a minute later, Layla decided to risk opening her eyes. Thankfully, the goddess wasn't glowing anymore.

"It's safe. You can open them." She told the others. Leo and Piper did so.

"Wow." Leo exclaimed. Layla looked around and understood what had made his eyes widen. Hera's trick hadn't only killed the monsters but had also cleared the place up. There wasn't a single evidence that a battle had occurred there. The hunters that had been frozen by Khione were also back to normal.

Layla wasn't very fond of hugs but she immediately ran and embraced Leo and Piper into one. This quest was finally over.

"We did this." Piper said. "And Jason must-" Suddenly she stopped. "Where is Jason?"

Layla saw him first. He was lying at the floor nearby, unconscious.

"Jason," Piper shook him. "Jason."

"It's no use, child." Hera stood behind them once again in her black robes as if she was ready for a funeral. She looked sad. Layla couldn't believe it at first but the goddess was actually mourning for the hero.

"This is your fault. Do something!" Layla said to Hera accusingly.

"Do not address me that way, girl. I am the queen-"

"I said fix him!"

"I did warn him. I would never intentionally hurt the boy. He was to be my champion. I told you to close your eyes before I revealed my true form!"

"Um..." Leo frowned. "True Form is bad, right? So why did you do it?"

"I unleashed my power to help you, fool!" Hera protested. "I did that so I could disintegrate the monster, restore this place and even save these miserable hunters from the ice."

"But mortals can't look upon you in that form!" Thalia said rushing at Jason side. "You've killed him!"

"That's probably what the prophecy meant, Death unleash, through Hera's rage." Leo shook his head. "Come on, lady. You're a goddess. Do some voodoo magic on him! Bring him back."

"He's breathing!" Piper screamed.

"Impossible," Hera said. "I wish it were true, child, but no mortal has ever-"

"Jason." Piper called. "Listen to me. You can do this. Come back. You're going to be fine."

Nothing happened.