#02 一 her

*

her

her head tilt at the confusion of what she had heard. "what?"

"i know you. i didn't know i could meet you here and at this moment" he said and look at mikey. "you knew her, takemitchy?" someone behind me spoke. "wait- i dont know you. i- takemitchy? i dont know someone named takemitchy" i defend.

"uh.. you really don't?" he asked. "yes, and i came here for mikey. i don't remember someone named takemitchy, sorry" i said and walk towards mikey. "sorry but i don't know you too. who are you?"

"[name] [surname]. you might not remember me but i really know you and you know me" i introduced. "how?"

"what do you mean how? how did you know me? because of shinichiro" i answered. "i see.. well, i still don't remember sorry. you can hang out with us though if you want" he said and scratch the back of his head. "sure" i said and smile.

"so, mikey. [name] will come with us?"

"yup. since she said she know me then might as well hang out with her so i could remember her"

-

"so, we don't know you yet. tell us about yourself, if you dont mind. also, I'm draken. nice to meet you, [name]" he said.

"likewise. I'm [name] [surname], I'm 17, i haven't transfer to any school yet but im planning on going to the same school as takemitchy" i said while walking.

we talked about where we were going and we decided to eat first. we're going to a ramen shop that are near the school. they told me they have the most delicious ramen in this town.

"wait- i noticed just now. you have a different accent, are you a foreigner?" draken asked. "no? I'm Japanese, i just stayed on philippines so maybe that's why my accent changed"

"i see. then, did you already found an apartment to stay in?" he asked. "yeah. its actually near the school"

"can you tell how you know shinichiro?" mikey suddenly spoke. "uh sure. he adopt me after he saw me at the backyard near his motor shop. he was so kind to me and care for me a lot. he's like my older brother"

i stopped when we finally arrived at the store. "let's eat first and i will explain it to you later after we finish" i said. he just nod and walk in.

"i couldn't think of anything else other than the awkwardness you two have" draken whispered. "i guess its because he doesn't remember me. dont mind it though, its fine" i said and smiled.

-

after we eat mikey want to talk to me alone. draken left us alone and said its fine he will come back later. mikey decided to walk and stop by at the bridge.

"tell me more about shinichiro. dont misunderstand though, i know him because he's my older brother. but i want to know how you view him" he spoke.

"i view him like a brother. he's kind and all. what else do you want me to say?" i asked. "i see. i will help you transfer to the school tomorrow. because i will get takemitchy tomorrow so i could help you"

"why all of the sudden?"

"because shinichiro use to take care of you. i could do it too but just once cuz i have many things to do" he said.

"okay. thanks for that" i said. it became quiet for a minute then he spoke.

"did he.. say something to you before he died? like did he gave you missions to do?" he suddenly asked. "actually, i made a mission to do and promised him that i will do it not because of him but because i want to" i said.

"can i ask what is that?"

"its a person. i dont think i could tell you right now but once i found him you will be the first one to know" i said. "sure"

we both looked at our left side after hearing a footsteps. "its just me" draken said.

i noticed a person behind him and move closer to see. "i forgot, this is emma. she came along with me after she saw me at the convenience store"

"emma?" i asked.

"convenience store?" mikey asked.

"yeah, here. i also bought you dorayaki" draken said and gave him the plastic bag he's holding.

why is she familiar?

couldn't be she's the girl shinichiro told me?

her?

*