24

Besides the fact that we all thought my father was crazy I kind of liked the attention. I had my nails done and my clothes were picked out for me. My makeup was done and the crowd outside became restless. They even camped out there to see me.

The stylist helped me get dressed. We went with a simple red dress. I still wanted the traditional look so I was wearing a beaded skirt over it. I decided on a red doek tied on my head perfectly and added a beaded band around my head as well. I looked and felt like a princess.

"Zethu. Wow." My father came and his jaw hung on the floor. "You are beautiful." He said and I couldn't help but laugh. "The crowd is waiting. You don't have to say anything. Just smile and wave. There are news reporters out there too but don't be nervous. My throne has been set up and I'll go take my place. Your brothers will lead you out okay." I just nodded.

We got in place and I was really nervous. Hundreds if not thousands of people were singing outside. They had been waiting for almost three days. What if I wasn't what they imagined?

I heard a praise singer start praising the chief. I couldn't believe they had a sound system hooked up. Where did that come from? Once my father sat on his throne they settled the crowd again.

The praise singer started up again and my brothers and I started walking. We walked up and they helped me up the stairs to a stage. My father and his first three wives were there. When my brothers made way for to walk forward the crowd went mad. They couldn't contain themselves. All of a sudden my nervous energy disappeared. I smiled and waved and they started sing again.

A mother put her child on stage and my brothers had no idea what to do. I picked the crying child up and comforted her. She could not be older than three. She laid her head on my shoulder and I kissed her head.

I was eventually taken away from the crowd and we went back inside. The house was in utter chaos. There were boys everywhere. I couldn't believe my eyes. Even babies on Busi and Thandeka's hips. "Don't look so shocked little sister. These are all your brothers." Thulani said and gave me a pat on the back.

We all sat down and they started introducing my brothers. "These are the twins Lungelo and Mandla. They were really young when you left. This is Philani, my last born." Gugu said with a big smile on her face. "These are my sons, Olwethu, Njabulo, Lunga, and Sipho, who is turning one next month." Busi introduced them. "And Xolani and Siyanda are eight months old." Thandeka said with both babies on her hips. I was not going to remember any of thier names. I already forgotten most of them.

My father kept the tv on the news and he was basking in the glory of his new found "fame". That evening I spent some time with my younger brothers who were extra crazy because their grandmothers gave them candy that they were hiding. I had to keep quiet about it or else I wouldn't get any. I just went along with it.

My pregnancy symptoms were very bad that night. It was so bad that I fell asleep on the toilet floor. "Zethu. Zethu wake up." Veronica was shaking me violently. She helped me up and I went straight into the shower. "Zethu, you still have your clothes on." She reminded me but I didn't care. I stood there with cold water running over me.

When I was done I got dressed and took a seat on my bed. "Zethu, I brought you some toast and ginger tea for you nausea. Have you taken your medication yet?" I shook my head and took a sip of the tea. She left me to eat my breakfast and I got a call from Moses.

"Morning Mamakhe. How are you doing?" He asked excitedly. "I'm fine and you?" I asked clearing my throat. "I'm fine but you don't sound okay. Don't lie to me, Mamakhe." I sighed. "I am fine, baba. It's just morning sickness. But I'm having some ginger tea and toast. I should be fine." I said and took a sip of my tea. "Well, I'm almost in the city and I'm pretty confident that Nozipho will sign the divorce papers. This won't be like the last time." He said and I was happy but I was still weak. We spoke for a little while and then he had to go.