Chapter 47

The Avengers stare at Thanos with seriousness and anger. Goku looks at his gauntlet and sees several gems on it, except one. That one is the one Vision bears as it as well keeps him alive. They can't let him take it.

Steve: Eyes up. Stay sharp.

Thanos begins walking as Bruce was first to go for a strike, but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, renders him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place.

Captain America is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to strike a single blow. Black Panther, armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Pietro charges at him at full speed, only for Thanos to stop him with the Time Stone, before knocking him down. Falcon stoops, strafing with both Steyr pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubbery and unable to sustain flight.

Goku: Wanda. It's time.

Wanda: No.

Vision: They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone.

Wanda: Don't.

Goku: Wanda, please. You need to do this.

Goku yells out as he summons Gilgamesh charges at Thanos but gets blasted by him, only to quickly get up and charge at him once more. He tries to strike him with the Bo Staff, but Thanos caught and blasted him once more.

He lands next to Wanda as she looks at him before looking at Vision. With a sign of remorse and pain, she extends her hands and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone.

War Machine joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside. The Winter Soldier runs in firing and is punched away by the Power Stone.

Okoye activates the Vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it; Power stops it inches from Thanos and throws her and it aside while wrapping the Black Widow in inescapable bands of earth.

Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily. Wanda watches all this over one shoulder and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort.

Captain America slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos' fingers un-clenched. Thanos looks very briefly impressed at Captain America's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.

Goku got up as he growls before standing in front of Wanda and charging up his energy. Goku fires a strong Ki Beam at Thanos, trying to push him back, despite the Titan using an Energy Shield.

Vision: *softly* It's all right. It's all right.

But just when things weren't any worse, Goku senses something as he turns his head up and sees a beam heading towards them.

Goku: Look out!

The beam hits down, blasting Goku, Wanda, and Vision away as Thanos stops. Soon, Vegeta lands on the ground next to Vision as he stares at Thanos.

Thanos: Vegeta.

Vegeta: Thanos. I was wondering when you're going to show up.

Thanos: I had a small altercation in Titan. However, I retrieved the Time Stone.

Vegeta: I see. So you managed to collect all but one Infinity Stones? Well, I got news for you.

He picks Vision as he sees the Mind Stone on his forehead. He smirks as he grabs and with a yell and Vision attempting to plead with him, he pulls the Stone out, before tossing Vision's lifeless body like it was nothing.