Robe

Warning: sexual tension / Slight NSFW

Namaari lead me back to the palace carefully as a stumbled sleepily. I wished my father and Chief Virana a good night, Namaari offered to help me to bed. For some reason no one questioned it.

I walked up to my door but before I could reach for the doorknob Namaari was already opening it for me.

"I can do that myself, you know" I complained, but I walked in the door anyway.

"Aren't you cranky. Good night Raya, sleep well." Namaari said with a smile as she began to close the door.

"Wait!" I grabbed Namaari's sleeve to stop her, she looked up at me. "Maybe stay for a while?" I asked sheepishly.

"I-" Namaari blushed, "Raya I got to go, my mother is probably waiting." Namaari stated as she reluctantly slid into my room. I took a seat on the bed and signaled for her to do the same, but she just stood there.

Reminds me of this morning, I thought. As I stretched and lay on the bed. I look over to the princess with her arms crossed trying to keep her composure.

"Raya," Namaari said sternly.

I hate when she calls me 'Raya'

"No Namaari," I quickly cut her off tugging on her shirt sleeve again to pull her closer to me. "You haven't called me 'dep la' all night, why is that?" I scolded. She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"Nothing don't worry about it." Namaari sighed turning her head away from me.

"Namaari, I want to know." I cried out, I could tell she could hear the break in my voice as she turned back to me and sat on the bed.

"I don't want to startle you, or make you feel uncomfortable," She said with her head down. I quickly cupped her cheek in my left hand.

"Dep la, it doesn't make me uncomfortable. I called you it first when we where kids anyway." I couldn't tell if she was going to cry as she said,

"Don't you know what those words mean?" I was shocked,

"Y-Yes of course I do," I said quickly, she grabbed my hand and moved it from her face.

"I don't want to play around with words if they don't mean anything to you" It finally hit me, she did like me.

"No no Namaari I do like you! I really do, please, please stay" Namaari looked at me from the door, hand on the knob. "Namaari I really do like you, I'm so stupid, I didn't know you liked me-"

"You didn't know? Raya I kissed you!" Namaari spun around and waved her arms in the air.

"Um yeah... but like as friends, right?" I stammered

Of course she kissed me because she liked me! How could I have not noticed before.

Namaari shook her head and rubbed her temples,

"You can be so oblivious dep la," She sighed as she walked over to me. I could feel a lump in my throat and my face flush as she came closer. "So do I have to explain everything to you?" She teased.

"Well I mean I guess so~" I played along as I pushed her off of me. She sighed and smiled at me as she walked to the door again.

"Alright, good night dep la~" She said before closing the door. I blushed so hard I couldn't even protest as she walked out. I was so disappointed that she left, I wasn't even tired anymore.

I lit the candles and lamps in my room, and changed into my night robe. I sat on my bed and thought about all that as happened earlier that day.

Namaari likes me I told myself. I blushed and rolled around in bed excited. I heard a thud out my window and quickly sat up and looked over. It's a little past midnight so no one should be around the palace at this time. I stood up and walked over the window, adjusting my robe to cover my body. That's when I saw Namaari in the tree next to my window throwing stones at the wall.