This is where it begins

Elena's POV.

"Oh my god Elena, get your ass up right now!"

"Shut up Alfie!" I yelled at the door. Its Monday morning at 4:30 and I do not want to go train. Especially not with Alfonso and our stupid British trainer, mind you he does not look like a trainer; therefore, I do not trust him one bit.

"What the hell did you just call me?"

"Oops. Is Alfie angry? Is Alfie going to chuck a tantrum like a baby?" he tackles me as I jump out of bed. He missed. Ha. He DOES need to train.

"Wow. Papa was right, maybe I should consider taking over the family business instead of you." I laugh as he growls at me. Smirking I turn and run out the door calling for mamma. They're leaving in an hour and I won't be able to see them again before they leave. Calling out to mamma and papa, I grab an apple and bite into it; papa comes into the kitchen with his two small duffel bags in his hand. He doesn't look his age, he's much fitter than a lot of men his age and thanks to Nona's genetics he hasn't aged very much since I was 14. His short black hair is trimmed perfectly to his face, his beard as well is perfectly trimmed. His piercing blue eyes that are deep-set into his face and his dark black suit makes him look just as dangerous as he truly is.

"Elena! Can you please come upstairs to help me figure out what to wear?!"

"Sì mamma! One second!" laughing I hug papa.

"How was your sleep Principessa?" he says as he hugs me back. "Did you have the nightmares again or did you finally get some sleep?" shaking my head I let go.

"I had the nightmares again, but they're getting less vivid. I guess I just need to stay away from things that will trigger me. Might be hard since we have to stay here for two years." Papa sighs and hugs me once more before telling me to go help mamma.

"Elena! Where the hell "before she fully finishes her sentence, I walk in. "Oh. There you are honey. Sorry, I'm just really worried about what to wear, the family we are meeting tonight are really important and the lady is more beautiful than me and I don't want to look inferior to her in front of my husband and if anything, I want to make her look inferior in front of her husband, but I don't want him to get the wrong idea and want me and..." she stops and looks at me in the eyes finally. "I was rambling, again wasn't I?" I nod.

"Mamma." I sigh. "You are so beautiful; you outshine anyone within a 10 km radius. You don't ever wear makeup, nor do you need it, literally at every function we go to I hear women and even my friends saying they wish they were as gorgeous as you. Honestly don't worry."

Mamma looks like a model and has the body of one too. Her perfectly tan skin complements her green eyes nicely and her jawline is sharper than half the boys at my school. She has long legs and a perfect figure. The long brown hair that goes to her hips makes her look even younger and if she wears short dresses and high heels like she is right now. I think that the lady she's meeting tonight might jump her. The only way to describe her is perfect. Sadly, those genes weren't passed down to me.

"Aw, you're way more beautiful than me amore, way more clever and tough. Maybe that's why the real reason that I brought you up here is because we've—your father and I—decided to have you come with us for the three weeks." My eyes widen and I grin simultaneously. This is the first time they have ever taken me to one of these business occasions.

"You can't be serious mamma! How did you convince papa that I could go? He's always been so against this." I am ecstatic, they've never even considered this. Alfie has never wanted to be capo. Never been interested in deciding who's killed or trafficking drugs and guns. But me? I've always been papas' favourite when it comes to anything business related but because the world is a dangerous place, and especially for a woman, papa has limited me to home meetings and that's all.

"Well, your father and I have been talking about what would happen if we were to pass on and well...Alfonzo has told us he doesn't want to be capo and we don't want to leave it to one of our best men, plus we know you wanted to be capo since you were little so-" I cut her off.

"Just cut to the chase mamma." She chuckles.

"You are your fathers' daughter. He, I-I mean we, we want you to be capo when he dies. We'll start showing you the strings and how everything is done, and this trip is the perfect opportunity to introduce you to these new allies and previous allies so. Yeah. Surprise!" I. love. My. Family.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I love you guys so much! I'm going to go pack!" she grabs my wrist and stops me.

"Already done amore. I even packed the sexy underwear just for you. There are some hot boys and girls in Greece." Mamma winks at me and I sigh and laugh. I'm so glad she's so cool about me liking girls too; and well, her being cool in general about everything.

"I love you so much mamma!" she laughs and tells me that she does too.

"Now go get on some clothes. I'm fine with an outfit, you do you amore." I nod and sprint to my room.

I have nothing to wear. All my clothes are either too tight and shows too much or to lose and looks too casual. I guess I have a few business-like outfits, but I don't think they are appropriate.

"Non ho niete da indossare, cazzo!" (i have nothing to fucking wear)

"Whoa, Elena calm down. It's just an outfit. It's not like you're going on a date or something." Sofi rolls her eyes at me and walks into my wardrobe. Scanning my dress and one-piece rack, she sighs then walks to my shirts, skirts and shorts rack. 

"Oh. My. God." She found something.

"This black shirt and this black skirt. Then this gold hoop belt and the long black coat that you have." She whirls around and smiles at me with her teeth. "Now we just have to figure out the shoes and accessories." 

"I've got that covered. My black knee length heel boots and my gold cross chain. Problem solved." I beam at Sofi as I go to my underwear draw. "Now shoo I'm going to get dressed." Sofi laughs and leaves.

Once I'm done changing, I look in the mirror. I look good. Content, I walk back down the stairs with a skip in my step. But then it hits me,  the responsibilities that come with becoming capo one day. Suddenly every doubt about being good enough and living up to my family's expectations came into my mind. Scared, I walk further down to the stairs into the kitchen to see my parents and sister saying goodbye for the week.

"Elena!" exclaimed Sofi running towards me. "I will miss you so much while you're gone. Stay safe and don't get into too much trouble. I love you ok?" Smiling I hug her back. As annoying as it is when she steals my clothes and pulls my hair, I will miss her.

"I love you too Sofi." I smile down at her and kiss her on the forehead.

"Alright then, we best be off Elena." Papa smiles at me while nodding at Sofi.

"You couldn't leave without saying goodbye to me El!" Puffed and sweaty, Alfie hugs me from behind around the neck also tickling me. You wouldn't think that the future capo of the most substantial Italian mafia is ticklish; but hey, I'm human.

"Stop. It. Now." Due to his lack of stopping, I would say that he's not scared of me at all. Well, that and the cocky smirk on his face I would say he's enjoying me in pain. That little son of a...

"Ok. Ok. I'll stop, sorry El. The opportunity was there, I had to take it. Love you bub." He pauses to hug me. "Look, mamma has probably already told you but just in case she hasn't; these trips get pretty heated and dangerous. Stay out of trouble and don't get hurt. These guys don't mess around when it comes to business, allies or not, they will attack if you give the wrong impression or if you disrespect them in any way. Just keep your head down. However, I don't think you need to be that vigilant; you're the toughest person I know, second to papa of course." As he lets go of me his smile softens and turns into a sincere one, his hazel eyes glistening in the artificial light of the kitchen.

Smiling in return, I turn to mamma and papa, the bags have been put in the car along with our weapons and so on.

"Ok, let's go."