𝟬𝟬𝟭: step out of the louvre

we learned to live with the painmosaic broken hearts

mosaic broken hearts

we learned to live with the painmosaic broken hearts

"MMM... NO."

Evangeline scoffed at her friend, who wore a look of disgust on his face. "What's so wrong with this dress, Max, huh?"

The two were attending a party that evening hosted by Julien, and of course, they had to go. Eva insisted that Max come with her to the store to get a new dress, as he was a fashion connoisseur and her best friend. They had been looking through racks and racks for hours on end. When they first arrived at the boutique, the sun was at its peak, and now the sun was nearly set. They barely had any time left until the party.

"Wear it for all I care, but people will be looking, and not in a good way," Max raised his eyebrows, running his hands over a shimmery gold gown. "What about this?" He picked it up off the rack and held it up, turning it so the shimmers glistened in the light.

"Um, maybe as a plan B?" Eva cringed. She hated gold and the way it matched her complexion. She either wore silver or nothing at all, and maybe that was a problem not everyone could relate to, but she just despised gold on her.

"Fine, you find something better."

And find something better she did. As they walked out of the boutique, holding bags in their hands, people stopped to take pictures, paparazzi swarmed, and little girls squealed at the sight of Evangeline.

She was, what some might call, an "it girl." While Julien had influence, Evangeline had power. While Julien was on the runway, Eva was in the front row with a reserved seat. She frequently was compared to Serena Van Der Woodsen, notorious Upper East Side it girl not too long ago. After years of the comparisons, Eva finally looked her up to find out she was a Constance student, just like her, and she finally understood.

Max was used to being the center of attention whenever he was with Eva. He was the center of attention regardless, but years of being friends with Evangeline had taught him ways to avoid paparazzi, what to say to interviewers, etcetera.