Caught red handed

Jungkook's POV 

I woke up with a headache from crying all night. I didn't mean to cry so much, but Randa is my safe space, I know she won't judge me for my feelings and emotions. And I definitely had to get them out. It was building up too much, the rumors, Yoongi hyung, the pandemic, the canceled tour, all of it. It seemed like the only thing going right in my life at the moment was my relationship with Randa. 

What's the point of making music if we can't perform for ARMY? 

I walked out to the kitchen to make some coffee while I was in my own head. 

I thought back to when we first debuted and we had such a small number of fans, I memorized their names. I looked forward to seeing them at fan meets, concerts, once upon a time we could make handmade cards and stuff for them. Now there's millions. I'd love to be able to take every single ARMY out to dinner or to the movies like we did when there were only fifty to a hundred. 

What can I do for all of them now? Besides dance and sing, and post on social media? I'm not a fan of social media, I don't post often. But I'm always on weverse secretly reading what they're up to. They're all incredible and unique in their own ways, I talk about them a lot, but who knows if they genuinely believe the words I say. I hope they do, because I really do love them. Without them, I'd be no one. 

"Jungkook?" I jumped as Mel came into the kitchen 

"Hey, coffee?"

"No thanks, I have to get going. I'm making dinner and cake tomorrow, do you know when you'll be home?" 

"I'm not sure, but you guys can eat without me and I'll heat it up when I come home" 

"Oh. Okay. Do you have a present you want me to set out then? Or do you want to give it to her?"

"Present?" 

"Tomorrow is the tenth.." 

"Okay?" I was genuinely confused 

"The tenth of May.."

"Oh my god" I froze "I completely forgot! She didn't say anything" 

"She won't" she giggled "you know how she is" 

"Shit" I sighed as I stared at the coffee maker, with everything going on, I hadn't even looked at the date, I'll figure something out "instead of cooking dinner, I have a different idea. You can still bake a cake though, I know that's your thing. I'm going to invite everyone over tomorrow for dinner. I'll order food for everyone" 

"You sure?"

"Yeah, absolutely. Don't tell her though" 

"My lips are sealed then" she chuckled "see ya later" 

"Bye!" 

Fuck. 

What do I get her for her birthday? Does she need anything? Anything she wants? 

In my previous relationships, I didn't worry about these things too much and just bought whatever I thought they'd like, but I'm in love with Miranda, I want to marry her. Whatever I get her has to be perfect. 

New group chat: don't tell Randa 

Me: dinner and cake tomorrow at my house to surprise Randa for her birthday. Can we have an early day tomorrow so I can set up some stuff before she gets home? 

Me: also, any ideas on what I should get for her? 

Ae-Cha noona: WHY SUCH LATE NOTICE!!!! 

Ae-Cha noona: I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO GET FOR HER DID YOU FORGET HER BIRTHDAY!!! 

Ae-Cha noona: GOD DAMN IT KOOK 

Jimin hyung: oh. Okay. Get her a necklace? 

RapMon hyung: a game? She likes games

Ae-Cha noona: IS NO ONE ELSE MAD AT HIM FOR THE SHORT NOTICE? 

Taehyungie hyung: is Mel going to be there? She stares at me. 

Taehyungie hyung: it's uncomfortable. 

Taehyungie hyung: necklace sounds good. 

Yoongi hyung: k

Jin hyung: what size clothes does she wear? I'll grab her something on my way home today like a cute jacket or something

Hobi hyung: I can't wait! Sounds like fun kookie 💜

Ae-Cha noona: The fact that I'm the only one stressed out over this is annoying. Whatever. I'll figure it out. YOU BETTER FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TOO ESPECIALLY BECAUSE YOU FORGOT ABOUT HER BIRTHDAY ALL TOGETHER EVEN THOUGH SHE LIVES WITH YOU NOW AND MOVED HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD JUST TO BE WITH YOU YA KNOW!? 

Ae-Cha noona: better make it good istg because if Joonie pulled this shit on me I'd beat his ass 

"Well, that was stressful" I mumbled as I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my keys to leave. My drive over to work was a blur, I just kept thinking about what I was going to give her. I had no clue. 

Wife🥰: Hey babe, I'm getting off early today. Want me to bring food later for you and the guys? 

Me: that would be awesome. Thanks baby♡ 

Wife🥰: of course! 

Me: I love you. 

Me: so much. 

Wife🥰: aw I love you too Googie 🥰 

"I know what I want to do! I need help though! Like, asap. I need to record something" I yelled as I ran into the practice room 

"Relax, what are you talking about?" Namjoon asked with his arms crossed 

"Miranda, her birthday. I'm going to buy her something but I have something else I want to do. I don't have time to write her a song, I mean, I have some stuff I've written about her but they're not ready. I have a song I want to cover, record, and play for her. And put on a cd! Like Hobi hyung did for Jimin hyung, I need to get it done today though" 

"Okay, relax. You know this dance by heart right? And your vocals, so go" He shrugged 

"You're sure?"

"Of course Kook. If you need help call us" 

"Thank you!!" I ran out of the room and to the elevators, I walked down the hallway to my own studio and didn't waste any time before I was sitting in my chair and looking up the correct pronunciation and English for the song I picked out. 

I suddenly felt extremely anxious and nervous over how this would go over. 

I called my mom and talked to her for a bit, she reassured me that as long as I felt it in my gut, then it would be fine. 

So I jumped right in and began singing, I didn't realize how long I had been in my studio. I was singing and editing together a quick video to go with the song, pictures of her and I, videos I've taken, half of them I'm sure she doesn't even know exist. I smiled as I laid the track down with the video

"Hey baby. I think I wanna marry youuuu" I sang as I watched her on the screen trying to shove my phone out of her face while she was just waking up and still buried in our blankets, her hair a huge mess and drool still stuck to her lip that made me smile like a love sick kid "who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you" 

"What?" I heard a bunch of stuff drop on the floor and I spun around in my chair as Randa stood there with the food laying at her feet 

Fuck. 

She was not supposed to see this yet.