Chapter Sixteen

I had a dreamless deep sleep, one of the best I've had in months. Usually my sleeps were filled with nightmares of my sisters dying before my eyes, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

But when I was with Lucian I felt protected and calm, it was like I was wrapped up in a huge blanket. I blinked my eyes open and looked around the clearing.

Purples and pastel blues coated the sky, morning birds sang their chirping songs. I blinked and looked up at the warm body hugging me, and I was met with a purple stare.

"Good morning love," he mumbled, and nestled his face in the crook of my shoulder.

I placed my hands on his chest and pushed away a little bit, creating space between us. "Look, thank you for warming me last night. But also fuck you for last night before that."

A smirk danced upon his lips, "Oh come on you're a whore for pain."

I hit him in the chest, "Lucian!" I said, shocked at his words.

He pulled my waist in with his one arm, pushing me against his chest. He ducked his hand to the back of my head, gripping my hair in his large hand. Pulling it back so I had to look up into his eyes. I gasped as I arched my back pressing my stomach to him.

He readjusted his hand and groped more of my red hair, gripping me at my roots. I gasp, almost a small moan slipped out from my lips.

"Told you darling," he whispered against my skin, making me shiver. Then all of a sudden he let go, moving his body away from mine, leaving me cold and empty.

I layed there for what felt like hours, but in reality it was only a couple minutes. I got up and went into the forest to change into a different more comfortable clothing. Once I got back most of the men were packed up, I saddled my horse and got on.

Throughout the ride back to the castle of Mortem Lucian kept on trying to talk with me. He would slow down to keep with me, but I would speed up and so on.

We reached the city and dismounted, I handed my horse to one of the guards and started towards the castle. I felt a hand grip around my upper arm. I whipped around and was met with the angry stare of Lucian.

"What do you want," I hissed at him.

"I need you to help me," he said, an almost plead.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, "Come on!" he said a bit louder.

I flipped him off as I walked off, I heard him scoff.

I walked back to the maids quarters, I shucked off my old leathers for new ones. Making myself look more like a castle guard. I walked to a group of maids and they automatically bowed.

"Guys, it's fine, stand up," I said, they looked at me surprised but stood. "It's me Nat." At my words their shoulders relaxed and smiles spread across their faces.

"What do you need, Natallia?" the girl in the middle said.

"Do any of you know where Aria is?"

"Oh she's sweeping in the throne room," a different girl said. I nodded and thanked them. Then I was off, twisting through the maze of black hallways.

I entered the wide doors of the throne rooms, the queer wasn't on her throne nor was Lucian there. But maids scattered the hall, sweeping and cleansing.

I looked around and saw Aria sweeping a part of the hall. I walked towards her and placed an arm on her shoulder. She jolted, "Hey sorry it's just me."