04

We sit in silence for a bit as Lydia moves the phone box to the front seat and shoves it into my hands.

"So, now will you tell us where we're going?" I asked hopefully perking up and looking at her.

"No," Lydia said without even acknowledging me or the question. Kira, in the back, snickers.

"You'll find out soon enough," Lydia said smiling.

-

Turns out we were just going ice skating, lots of excitement for an activity that makes me injure myself more and more. Don't get me wrong, I love ice skating, but Lydia made it seem like we were going to some casino or something.

Once we walked inside the rink I was sort of surprised at the size of it, I hadn't been in years.

"Remember when me, Stiles, you and Scott came here last year?" Lydia says to Allison, she grins at the memory.

"Wow, and I wasn't even invited. I love you guys too." I said sarcastically.

"Well, who would you have gone with? It's not like Isaac would've willing gone with us anyways. You were there in spirit."  Allison says jokingly and I laugh, she doesn't even look sad talking over the times spent with Scott. I'm happy for her and whomever she's found to make the pain go away, even if she won't tell us who it is.

"Guys?" Kira asked timidly from behind us. I turned to her. "I don't know how to ice-skate."

I laugh at her clueless expression and I hand her a pair of ice skates.

"Well, now's the perfect time to learn Kira," I said patting her on the back.

"Don't worry, the only one out of the four of us that actually knows how to skate is Lydia," Allison says with a roll of her eyes, "she's a figure-skater of course." She mutters under her breath.

"Wait really?" I ask. I have to admit while it did sort of surprise me it probably shouldn't have. Lydia had a knack for being good at those types of sports.

"Well obviously,' she says stepping onto the ice rink with precision and skill. She didn't even hesitate as she executed a perfect 360 jump on the slippery surface. "My talent didn't come from nowhere.

She continues to skate around the ice while Kira watches on in awe and I laugh.

"Do you trust me?" I ask Allison and Kira as we prepare to step out onto the ice and Kira laughs as she nearly slips over again, not even on the ice yet.

"I trust you more than I trust anyone," Allison says as she takes my hand and gives it a wee squeeze as we move to the edge of the rink.

Eventually, Allison and I manage to drag Kira onto the ice and slowly make a lap of the rink. Followed by two then three. Eventually, we manage to stay a little ways behind Lydia and keep a consistent pace, but not after she lapped us multiple times. It was a really fun bonding experience for the four of us. There weren't many occasions when we hung out with just us girls, since we were always with our significant others when we hung out.

By the end of two hours, we were all red-faced and cold. Just before we leave we all squeezed into a photo booth and took four strips of photos, one for each of us. Giggling and laughing hard we all run back to Lydia's car, desperate for the heater. We're all still laughing our asses off once we get in the car because Allison and Lydia are talking about all the embarrassingly stupid things that they've said, especially with Stiles talking to Lydia.

"No cause when are you two getting together?" Kira chimes in from the back seat.

"Yea seriously Lydia, " I say looking over at her pointedly.