36

MALENAS POV

Scott and I clambered into my car and headed in the direction of Stiles's house. I drove slightly faster than I would've liked to have admitted but I'm sure if the sheriff caught me he'd be understanding. As we pull up the driveway to the Stilisnki house I see no sign of Stiles jeep and I let out a breath I hadn't known id been holding. 

I jump out of the car and slam the door behind me and I hear Scott follow suit. I turn to him. "Maybe run home and get your bike and go see Derek right now so that we can see if he knows anything?" I ask him thoughtfully. 

Scott nods in agreement. "Call if you find anything." He says over his shoulder and takes off on all fours and I resist the urge to burst into laughter. 

I walk up to the door and pull out my keychain for the spare key Noah had given me 4 years ago. I desperately hoped that it still fitted the lock. I let out a sigh of relief as the door clicked open and I step inside. Noah is still out on his shift so no one should be home. I walked through the door as quietly as I could. 

"So you yell at people for breaking into your house but then think it's okay to break into others? Wow, hypocrite much?" A voice asks from behind me and I turn towards the living room and see Isabella laying on the couch with her head resting against her hand. 

I force a smile and turn to her. "Isabella. Hi!" I say as enthusiastically as I can manage whilst I resist the urge to throttle her right where she's sitting. I didn't have time for this. "Where's Stiles?" I ask through gritted teeth. 

"Void is out. Can't see why you should care." She says as she turns back to the tv. I walk up behind her and try not to imagine wrapping my fingers around her neck and strangling her. 

"Can we talk?" I ask trying to sound nice. Clearly, this has an effect on her because she turns to me suspiciously and gestures to the seat across from her. 

I sit down and try to make eye contact with her but she has her nose in a magazine as is looking at some stupid modelling agency page. I clear my throat and she rolls her eyes as she shuts the magazine and looks at me lazily.

I let out a deep breath. "Can we be friends?" I ask. The question must startle her because she jumps. 

"Us?" Isabella asks her voice high. 

I nod. "Yup. You seem important to Stiles and he's important to me. So, let's be friends." I say and give her a fake smile. 

Isabella looks at me and she smiles. "You want to be my friend." And the way she says it is a statement, not a question. 

I blink at her confused. I'm about to say that's what I just said but something weird passes over me and my mind feels muddled. I look over at her and furrow my eyebrows. "Of course," I say carefully and Isabella's smile grows. 

"And," she continues "you will not interfere with me and Void's relationship. It's obvious your jealous." She says smirking now.

I look at her shocked. "How do you mean?" I ask confused. 

She raises an eyebrow and again a weird feeling passes over me and my mind scrambles itself and is screaming at me to listen to this girl. But something different pulls me back. Something else stops me from agreeing. 

"No," I say slowly. "No, I don't think I will agree to that." I stand up and Isabella looks up at me shocked. 

"What are you-you're supposed to listen to me!" She says exasperated. 

I grin at her and I feel my palms illuminate showing the only ability I have and Isabella stumbles backwards. "No. No, I'm not. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you don't know what you're messing with. What you're getting yourself into. Because if you did, you'd be packing for the hills and you'd be halfway to China by now. So, you tell me what your plan is with Void and what your funny little power is and I'll leave. Or," I continue and Isabella gulps heavily. "You can continue your game of coy and I will strangle it out of you."