28

MALENAS POV

"Try and focus on drawing the power from inside of yourself, like pulling a string from your mind," Scott says as he paces in front of me.

He's trying to help me with figuring out how to activate even just one of my powers. Lydia was confused because she said that my experience with my banshee shit was completely different to hers. Lydia didn't know how to help me so teaching me was passed onto Scott.

Who had no fucking clue what he was doing.

My eyes follow Scott as he paces. "I've already tried that. Multiple times." I say sarcastically.

Scott pauses his pace to raise an eyebrow, "You know your sarcasm is not going to help us." He says his lips quirking up into a small smile.

I sigh as I flop down onto my stomach on Scott's bed. "This is fucking useless. We're never going to figure it out. I'm just another freak that nobody knows how to help." I say my voice muffled by the bed duvet.

The weight in the bed shifts as Scott sits down as well. He sighs, "Well, we're wasting our time if you're not even going to try."

I turn over so I'm facing the roof and sit up. I inhale deeply. I try to focus on anything really. I try doing as Scott says and looking for a sort of imaginary string to try and grasp. I inhale again and exhale as I try to concentrate. I try to go through my mind and feel around for what Scott was talking about. As I'm searching I feel a sharp tug in the back of my mind. I let out a gasp as I try and follow the tug.

"Malena!" Scott gasps. I open my eyes and Scott's staring at my hands, I look down and faintly, flickering is a small purple orb of energy. I let out another gasp, this time from shock and it stops.

"Oh my god!" I say standing up. Scott stands up too and hugs me. "Oh my fucking god! Please tell me I wasn't imagining that."I say into his shoulder.

Scott puls back from me and smiles, "you weren't! Wow, that's so much cooler than being a fucking wolf." Scott says.

"Fuck, I can't believe it! Holy shit. I'm going to try again." I say hurriedly, as I go to sit down on the bed I get hit by a dizzy spell.

"Take it easy, M. That'll probably drown your energy for a bit," Scott says sympathetically as he helps me to the bed.

"Damn it, I was hoping I could try again." I sigh as I sit down on the bed.

"By the way, your eyes flashed." Scott says nodding to me, "a dull dark purple. Like the colour of the weird glowing stuff from your palms."

I sit up straighter. "Really?"

Scott nods smiling at me. "It was pretty cool." He comments absentmindedly.

I grin up at him, "this might be the best day of my life."

"Well, at least one of us is satisfied with their powers, everyone else seems to think that they're a burden." Scott grins as he sits down next to me.

"Are you kidding? I've always wanted a supernatural power. Without one I sort of felt..." I shrug my shoulders, "left out. Now I find out I haven't got one, but two?" I smile at Scott, "best news ever."

Scott nudges me in the ribs smiling, "At least now we know the Nogitusne wasn't lying, why we he try and help us though?"

I stiffen a little, unsure how to answer. "It's a mystery to me," I say trying to seem natural as I shrug my shoulders. 

Void's decisions were as confusing as figuring out my powers.

——

VOIDS POV

I'm sitting at a random table in Sacramento, California reading Malena's copy of Les Mes, which I stole when she was not looking. I smirk as I read her small underlinements underneath her favourite lines and quotes and small scribbles which she has written into the margins with a pencil so she can rub them out at any time or point.  

"Excuse me," A voice asks from in front of me, I lower the book and see a girl around Stiles's age standing before me. She is standing on her own, but I see her friends giggling as they point at her from behind her.

"Yes?" I ask raising an eyebrow. She laughs into her hand and tries to hide her smile. 

"Um hey, sorry, this is awkward, but could I have your number?" She asks smiling what I presume is supposed to be a dazzling smile. 

I look her up and down, her hair is blonde and she has blue eyes. She has a nice face and has lots of curves. I can almost hear Stiles tripping over himself in the back of my mind, desperate to give her his number. 

My problem is that she's the opposite of my type. The opposite of Malena. I try for a smile as my eyes return to her face, "Sorry, I have a girlfriend." I say as politely as I can manage and I lower my gaze to my book. 

The girl's shoulders sag slightly, "Right, of course. Well nice to meet you." She rushes away from me back to her friends and I realise I never got her name. I shake my head smiling as I return to my book. 

I can hear her friends offering her sympathetic objections saying things like 'he doesn't know what he's missing out on' and what not. I can't help but smile. I stand up and stretch my back I'm about to return to Stiles's shitty jeep that never works but something stops me. 

The girl was different, she had an aura of power around her that I recognised. But I somehow missed it before. 

I turn back to the girl and her friends and approach them. The girls start to giggle as I get closer and the girl turns around and smiles at me. 

"Change your mind?" She asks cockily and I hide a smirk. 

"Yup, I never had a girlfriend. I lied." I say, shrugging my shoulders as I pull out a pen from my pocket, grab her arm, and write Stiles's number on her arm. 

Her friends laugh and giggle and she smiles. 

"What's your name?" I ask her, my voice polite. 

She looks up at me, "Isabella, what's yours?" Her friends are still giggling as I pull the pen back from her arm as I finish writing Stiles's number. 

I think about it for a second and smile at her, "Void, it's nice to meet you."

————

Anyways, idk what that chapter was. But here 🤪

Also, meet my new oc! Isabella Brone. She is portrayed by Sydney Sweeny. She will be involved in the story in strange ways so bear with me :)

Here is her aesthetic board or whatever you call it:

Thoughts? ————>