f i f t y o n e

Arriving at school with a beaming smile, Saeron strolled down the hallway as usual as students  chanted endless 'happy birthday'-s

Arriving at school with a beaming smile, Saeron strolled down the hallway as usual as students chanted endless 'happy birthday'-s. Her smile never left her lips when attentively thanked each one for the given wishes, grateful that some people still cared for her despise all the hate.

Not gonna lie, all she wanted to see now was the one and only boy she grew fond of. Saeron was quite early to arrive so she's gotten the time to scan around the building while searching for him.

"Saeron!"

Her name voiced out causing the said girl to abruptly turn her head to the source, hoping that it was Jisung who called, yet it wasn't.

"Oh, hi Chenle!" Saeron happily responded as he and another figure, whom she acknowledged as Jeno, walk over towards her.

"Happy birthday!" Jeno offered his famous smile, resulting in his eyes turning into crescent-moon shapes, just the one like hers. Saeron thanked him and Chenle, who then did the same thing.

"Oh by the way, have you seen Donghyuck anywhere?" the chinese male asked just to receive a 'no' from the girl. He looked over to Jeno who then groaned, "We've been searching for him for hours my God."

Saeron giggled at the sight, not expecting to even speak to any one of these boys since everytime they passed by, only glances and small smiles were exchanged.

"He's probably in the field or something, he likes to play basketball in the mornings when it's empty," Saeron inquired and the other two nodded in acknowledgement.

"Why're you asking me though?" again she asked half confused, pointing to herself as the boys gave each other a look which went noticed by her, but chose to shrug it off when they cracked a laugh.

"Haechan's been around you lately, so we thought you'd know," the orange-haired said and Saeron's face contorted, "Haechan?"
"That's what we usually call him," the other one, Jeno cleared out and Saeron nodded with a small 'ah'.

Silence lingered above the three who stood there in awkwardness until Chenle nudged Jeno's arm, sending him a signal for both of them to sign off.
Jeno took it in and cleared his throat, causing the only girl to look up at them.

"Umm, Lele can we go to the bathroom real quick?" Jeno laughed nervously as he tried to come up with an excuse, yet it was too absurd to the point Chenle didn't even get it.

"Huh? Why?" the chinese mindlessly asked, not quite getting his intention and Saeron could only seal her mouth shut, supressing a grin that was yearning to show.

"I need to shit"

Hearing Jeno's reason, Saeron couldn't hold in anymore when she blurted a laugh, a loud one that the two boys jolted in shock. Chenle disappointingly looked back at the older, who could only scratch his head in awkwardness, the other shaking his head from his lack of excuse.