Chapter 6

HAPPY READING

Lisa was dumbfounded for half a second, then recovered and immediately spun around to pick up her shirt from the sofa. With the fastest speed possible, she put it on.

As she was busy looking down to check that she was decently covered, a pair of elegant shoes came within the field of her vision.

She froze.

He came closer. She was flustered as she felt his breath on her. She hesitated for a long time before looking up.

His expression was both light and dark, dull and interesting all this was so paradoxical, she almost felt like she was having an optical illusion

The illusion existed only a mere half a second, Lisa mercilessly surpressed it. Jayden picked up the pearl and handed it back to her, his desire for her clearly reflecting in his eyes. Lisa chose to ignore the look and turned around to get back to her desk.

Sitting at the table, away from the dangerous man, Lisa was silently relieved. She put on her glasses, and pretending to pay attention to the document, asked without looking up: "Mr Jayden, why are you still at work at this hour?"

"I am waiting for you."

Lisa's heart skipped a beat. This man's voice was really nice. Ignoring her throbbing heart, she quickly replied : "Oh, is that so? I am embarrassed to say that my work is not finished yet."

He did not speak.

The thick carpet absorbed sounds, so Lisa could not hear his footsteps, but she could feel that he hadn't left yet.

Lisa was wondering whether to raise her head or continue working when suddenly a shadow fell on her file.

Jayden had walked across, and now they were only separated by a desk.

Because the only lights in the room were from the lamp on the table, his shadow was elongated, almost enveloping Lisa. Lisa paused the pen in her hand, but still refused to raise her head.

He suddenly reached out and covered the file with his hand.

Surprised, Lisa looked up and her glasses were taken off.

This action was so fast, she took a moment to understand what happened. Her sight was suddenly blurred, she was stunned for a few seconds before realising that her glasses were in his hand.

Before she could speak, he said: "I now order you to get off work."

Lisa felt ridiculous, she could not help laughing. She really turned off the computer.

She was busy putting the papers back in her bag and was getting ready to take them home when his annoying voice suggested quietly: "Of course, I also suggest you change out of this cheongsam before you leave office."

"......" "..."

"......" "..."

"If other men were to see you like this, I fear that it will cause riots."

Hearing this, she looked up to see his chin pointing towards her chest, her cleavage slightly exposed as she bent forward.

Lisa immediately straightened and pulled the shirt collar together. As she passed by him to walk out of the office he said,"Come with me ."

"Is this an order?"

"No, this is an invitation." He smiled and in the half light, his smile had a hint of.. temptation.