CHAPTER - 16

Not edited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Same day~

The basketball game was going on and the students were cheering for their respective teams. Misun was sitting  with a blank look. Now, no more interested in the game. Her eyes glanced at Jugyeong, who was in her costume. Misun couldn't see her friends face but she was sure her friend was sad and hurt by her brother's words.

At last Saebom Devil's won. The match ended with no hard feelings. Misun noticed Suho saying something to Seojun but she was too far to listen.

***

The girls were sitting outside, where a boy was singing. 

Misun felt her phone ringing. She walked away after informing the girls. When she was far away from the music. She looked at the phone to see an unknown number. Her eyebrows furrowed.

She hesitantly picked up. Bringing up to her ear she muttered a hello.

'' Hello, Misun. '' The caller said.

'' Who's this? '' She asked.

'' Your new eomma. '' The caller replied.

Misun eyes widened. She can recognize the voice.

'' Lee Hyemi. ''

'' Tsk. Tsk. This isn't the way to talk to your Eomma. '' Misun gritted her teeth.

Before she can say anything. Hyemi interrupted her.

'' Listen, maybe you know we're moving back to Seoul so, you're father is going to call you. '' Hyemi told her. '' If he tells you to move in with us, you will deny. '' 

Misun clenched her fists. '' Who are you to tell me what to do? '' Misun hissed.

'' Don't use this tone with me, you brat. '' Hyemi seethed. '' You better do as I say or this Eomma of yours will make your life hell. ''

'' Shut up! '' Misun yelled. '' You are not my eomma. ''

Hyemi giggled. '' Then who is? I heard your real eomma left you behind. '' Misun froze. '' Better you do as I say and accept me as your eomma. ''

Hyemi hung up. Misun stood staring at nothingness. Hyemi words left her hurt. 

Her eyes filled with tears and she felt her throat burning. She dragged her feet, wanting to go home. 

' Your real eomma left you behind. ' Hyemi words rang in her head.

Unlocking her phone she scrolled down the contacts, stopping at her mom's.

Pressing the call button, she heard the familiar ring. After a few rings the call was disconnected.

 ' Maybe she's busy. ' She tried to assure herself.