9. Mann ki Khalbali

Ishqi had to literally push Ahaan out of her room to go and change before anyone else comes and discovers them together. Ahaan reluctantly goes back to his room, but away from the comfort of Ishqi's embrace, he started having disturbingly mixed feelings about the entire night...

On one hand, his heart leapt with joy at the very thought of Ishqi, HIS ISHQI ... He was soo glad he took the risk of facing his feelings. and better still, the fact that he expressed his feelings before they got to know about Mayank... Otherwise Ishqi would have not reciprocated the way she did because she would mistake his emotions for mere sympathy.

At the same time, he felt betrayed by Mayank. More than angry, he felt ashamed of having a best friend like Mayank. He felt ashamed of not being able to see through him and his intentions towards Sonu.

In a way, he was the one who gave Mayank an access to his family. But why would Mayank do that to him and his family. And that too, when just last night, he was so normal when he scolded him for not taking care of Ishqi.. Usey toh bura bhi nahi laga tha.. Kya wo apni kartut chupane ka naatak tha taaki mai uske gayab hone pe shaq na karoon.. Kabse Sonu ko tanng karne ki koshish kar raha hoga aur kyun ??

Aur Sonu.... Meri sonu... Kal Ishqi ko sambhalne ke chakkar mein mujhe ek baar bhi khayal nahi aaya ki Sonu musibat mein ho sakti hai?? Mujhe toh laga tha woh so rahi hogi. Mai kal shaam jis cheez ke liye Ishqi ko judge karta raha, wo aakhir meri sonu ne bhi toh kia...
He did not know whether to be angry at Sonu for not heeding his words and falling into trouble or sympathize with her for what she went through? In any case, he needs to have a serious conversation with her as soon as she gets married. He would have ideally wanted to confront her right away, but he did not want to ruin the most important day of Sonu's life with a showdown.

So many conflicting thoughts clouded his mind that he could not focus on what he was here to do... He pulled out a chilled beer from the mini fridge and gulped half a bottle in one go. The CCTV footages that Kartik showed him kept replaying in his mind. He clenched his fist and hit the wall so hard that the beer bottle broke with a loud noise making several cuts in his hand... He almost felt numb for a moment, he could not feel the pain of his bleeding hand. Rather he felt a sharp pain in his heart and a feeling of restlessness engulfed him. He quickly went into the shower. The cold water on his blood-stained hands made him feel both – the pain and the process of healing of that same pain. As he let the coolness of the water on his head calm him down, he started to realize that he too had received both – the pain of betrayal from his so-called best friend. At the same time, this revelation of Mayank being a creep saved him from drowning in the guilt of falling in love with his fiancé. His guilt for his feelings towards Ishqi washed away with that cold shower...

He wanted to be back with Ishqi as soon as he could. The girl who once used to raise his BP with her antics has now become his calming force. How fast the night changes, he thought.

He changed into his butter-yellow kurta pajama that Sonu had selected for him. He looked at himself in the mirror and the mirror reflected back happy moments from the last few hours of his life. He was blushing just at the thought of Ishqi and couldn't even face his own self. He took one of his handkerchiefs and wrapped it around his hand which was still oozing some blood. He made a mental note to get a dressing first.

There was a lot to do today. Decoying Mayank's friends would not be tough, but handling Mayank's parents would be a challenge. He felt sorry for them, esp Uncle who was already unwell. He knew he had to handle them sensitively. Before all that, he desperately wanted to get a hold on Mayank and beat the shit out of him. But somewhere deep down, he knew that it's better for him not to come face to face with Mayank till Sonu is married off because he just MAY NOT be able to control himself at all.

Ahaan got ready and tiptoed out of his own room just like he had done from Ishqi's room this morning. He saw Raj and Kartik coming this way and gazing at him questioningly and realized the stupidity of his action. "Arey ye toh mera hi kamra hai, mai kyun aise choron ki tarah baahar aa raha hoon". Kartik knew why Bhai was behaving that way and winked at him.

Ahaan suddenly got defensive and said "Kartik, mai tere paas hi aa raha tha... Sach...Mai seedha tere paas hi aa raha tha"

Kartik: Haan bhai, itne defensive kyun ho rahe ho, mai jaanta hoon aap mere kamre mein hi aa rahe thay, isiliye mai khud hi Raj ko leke aa gaya. Maine issey sab kuch bata diya hai.. Chalo Ishqi ke kamre mein jaake final plan discuss kar lete hai"  Kartik winked again makin Ahaan nervous . 

They went towards Ishqi's room. Sonu walked in from the other side as she wanted to check how was Ishqi faring after being drunk last night. Although the three boys did not want to include Sonu in their plan right now, but all of them got emotional looking at her.

Raj was mesmerized to see her in the mustard yellow lehnga suit with little flowers dangling from her forehead and ears. Ahaan and Kartik got nostalgic seeing the shy bride emerging from the girl who was a baby to one, and a brat to the other. Their eyes moved from Sonu to each other and they made quick glances to hold on to the conversation till they can send Sonu to Chachi or Dadi as soon as possible.

As they entered Ishqi's room, she too was ready in her Haldhi attire. A simple buttery yellow lehnga and tiny flower like jewellery similar to Sonu. She had left her hair open and gave out a heartwarming smile when she saw all of them.

Ahaan could not take his eyes off Ishqi. Her smile was unusually bright today and he knew that HE was the reason for her happiness today, just like SHE was the reason for his calmness amidst the huge storm that is lurking on them. He had never seen this glow on her face ever since he met her and he made a silent promise of never letting this sunshine fade away from her life.

To be continued