39. Midnight Musings - I

It was a beautiful moonlit night. The light clouds had given way to the bright stars to come together and create magic. Kartik sat between the two couples and all five of them had dipped their feet into the water on Ishqi's chapad chapad instructions. Ahaan felt a tinge of jealousy that it wasn't something exclusively reserved for him,  or for the time when she was just with him. Although he loved her friendly nature,  there were some things and some moments that he wanted all to himself.  And this happened only in case of Ishqi. She was the only person in this whole wide world whom he hated sharing even with his siblings (who are now her siblings too) and probably even with maasi in the future.  He laughed at his own childlike insecurity and subconsciously wrapped his arm around her while she was narrating to the others how an elderly couple were almost hell bent on getting her kundali for their nephew. 

Everyone was surprised at the unexpected PDA of their SSS bhai. Kartik coughed a little to bring out his brother from his random ishqhigh thoughts and Ahaan immediately retracted his hand as if he was caught stealing something.  All of them laughed at Ahaan's awkward movements and blabbered excuses. He made a face and faked anger as if he wanted to leave but Ishqi dragged him back to sit beside her and said,  "Rukiye na...  Abhi toh kitni saari important baatein karni hai hamein... Ek kaam karte hai..  Woh bonfire ke paas jaake baith jaate hai..  Paani kaafi thanda hone laga hai..  Pata chala kal subah hum paanchon bimar parr gaye toh Sonu ki vidai honay se rahi.. 

Sonu: haan chalo, Mai bhi thand ke maare shiver kar rahi hoon.

Kartik leaned on to her and whispered to her,  "sirf thand se shiver kar rahi hai ya bhai ko sach batane ke darr se"

Sonu: shut up cheapde. Himmat nahi de sakta toh dara toh mat...

Kartik: Matlab I was right..  Maan le, I know you more than you know you. Achcha don't worry,  I will help you jab tu bhai ko batayegi. Do you want me to tell him ki mujhe sab pata tha..  Phir unka aadha ghussa mujhpe hoga.   Aur ghusse ka focus tujhpar se hatt jayega.

Sonu: Bilkul nahi...  Isse unka ghussa half half nahi double ho jayega... Na Baba...  Isse achcha hum iss baar pura sach bolte hai aur khatam karte hai baat ko...  Aur ek jhooth ka bojh nahi le sakti mai... esp. Bhaiya aur tere saath kyunki ab toh mai saath bhi nahi rahoongi apna puppy face dikha dikha ke manane ke liye..  

Kartik: Tu chahe puppy face dikhaye ya grumpy face,  lagegi hamesha chipkali hi... 

Sonu hits him on his shoulder again, "Shut up..  Focus karne de na...  Baat shuru kahan se karoon?? "

Kartik: Wait for your cue...  Tujhe khud samajh mei aa jayega.....

All of them sat around the bonfire and Kartik passed the coffee mugs to the guys and the hot chocolate for the girls that he had specially ordered because he knew it was Sonu's comfort drink and she needed it today.

As all of them settled in comfortably,  Kartik took the lead. "Guys, sabse pehle hamein ye sochna hai ke Mayank ka kya karein. Police ke hawale karna hai ya kuch aur?  "

Raj: Nahi.. police se bach hi jayega..  Kyunki guys, technically usne kisike saath kuch kiya nahi hai...  India mei rape ka punishment thik se defined nahi hai toh attempt to rape charges mei toh woh easily bach jayega...  And let's not forget, uske kaafi contacts bhi honge... 

Ahaan: Uske liye mai akela hi kaafi hoon...  mai usey apne style saza doonga.. 

Kartik: Bhai, aapka angry young man style kahin aapko khud jail na le jaaye. Mann toh mera bhi hai ke usey maar maar ke bharta bana doon...