Chapter 35: I Missed You

New chapppppie.

Summary/Disclaimer:

Last chappie Brooklyn got out of the hospital and ended his business in New York, with near unfaithful results. Damn Jacoby and his sexiness. And that entire eight weeks without sex. I'd do him at that point. Anyway, he's headed home in a dark cherry red GTO, which is a shmexy car. We'll see what happens from there.

Reminders:

Brooklyn is now a dark brunette, thanks for Jacoby's hair brained scheme. He also has a full sleeve tattoo, which goes from his shoulder, near his chestal area to his hand. I don't know what else. Something. I'll think of it.

Soda, Steve, Two Bit and Darry were out on the porch. Two Bit was throwing a stick for Daddy, who would chase it to hell and back, emphasis on the back so Two Bit would throw it again. Darry was reading a manual about fixing refrigerators as he sat on the steps. Soda and Steve were playing horse in the driveway. As far as Darry could tell, Soda was winning. Justin was working. He'd taken to bringing home to wine to "better their pallets" but really they got blasted and fucked like rabbits.

"Darry, pull your head outta the clouds and get to studying." Soda hollered. Steve tackled him the next moment.

"What letter you on Sodapop? Huh?" The last time Darry'd checked, they'd both had about three Es.

"R." Soda said, struggling.

"What letter?" Steve yelled.

"R." Soda hollered.

"What letter, you yellow bellied pansy?"

"O." Soda tossed him off and jumped down after him.

Darry rolled his eyes and yawned. That fucking like rabbits thing was tiring.

Pony was inside, sleeping. Darry supposed not getting laid was worse. Two months. Brooklyn had called once. Darry would have a few choice words for that cruel blonde bastard.

The rumble of a startlingly loud car made Darry look up. Even the Socs didn't have cars with big enough engines to make that kind of noise. He looked up at the road and saw a black cherry colored car, convertible, with a bump in the hood and GTO across one of the lower fenders. Put his rust and bolts truck to shame and made Corvairs and Mustangs look plain.

"Damn. Look at that car." Steve said.

Soda pounced on him and was on his back. Then he saw the car and whistled. Two Bit threw the stick but Daddy ignored it, staring at the car with his head tilted. The car pulled in the driveway beside Darry's truck. The car door popped open and a tall, dark haired man got out. Daddy barked and started running.

"Daddy, don't mess with him." Two Bit scolded. Didn't need a pitbull harassing a stranger in a damn expensive car. Daddy leapt into the man's arms and licked his face as the man caught him, swinging him around.

"Oh you big drooling muttler."

"Brooklyn?" Soda asked, tilting his head.

"Wow else would pick up this panting, slobbering mess?" Brooklyn said.

Brooklyn dropped Daddy as Soda charged him and hugged him. Then Two Bit ran up, hugging him around the stomach, and Steve sprinted, slapping his back.

"Man, that car is tuff. What'd you pay for it?"

"New York, you're looking skinny man. How'd they treat you?"

"You hurt man?"

Brooklyn lost track of questions and waited for the blindingly painful embrace to end. He was still tender and driving for so long really didn't help.