35

Aurora didn't know how to feel. It was weird. While she did enjoy celebrating their World Cup victory with the team and all, she was happy to be going back to UCLA. She missed the normalcy of school. However she doubted it would be the same as now she was coming back with a World Cup title under her belt. But if she had to put a name to it.

She was absolutely shitting it

Which was weird. She was after becoming a World Champion, playing a considerable part in the US' women's success. And while there were many people who disagreed with Jill Ellis' tactics, they had grudgingly agreed that her idea to use Aurora as a wildcard for the tournament had paid off.

Due to Aurora's absence from the game for so long, teams weren't able to research her and due to her lack of playing time until the late stages of the World Cup, they didn't have enough time to study her tendencies.

Aurora was the perfect player for the World Cup and she played amazing. So if anything she should be excited to be coming back.

Except she wasn't

And it was all to do with a certain freckle faced Canadian

She didn't see Jessie at the final. She assumed she went home to spend time with her family before she had to return to school. And with the embarrassing voicemail she was after leaving the Canadian right before the final, she was not looking forward to seeing the midfielder again.

And it didn't help that she doesn't even know if Jessie listened to the voicemail. A small part of hoped that she was worrying over nothing and that Jessie didn't even listen to the voicemail.

But that didn't stop her from worrying

Jessie said she wanted to take a break as they were both going into a World Cup and didn't want to pile on more pressure along with many of the problems that Aurora still had to deal with. So Aurora didn't know where they exactly stood.

While they weren't together at the moment, they were definitely more than just friends.

So as Aurora was getting ready for going back to her first training session back with UCLA, she was honestly considering not going. But she quickly tossed aside the thought knowing she shouldn't and seeing Jessie was inevitable. So with a sigh she grabbed her training bag and headed for the door.

She did not want laps for being late on her first day back.

------------

Jessie was not being subtle at all. And everyone knew it. She nervously messed around with a ball, kicking it around and juggling it all while keeping an eye on the entrance to the field.

Having talked to Hunter she knew that the sibling duo were back at school and without having to ask him, Hunter told her that Aurora was coming to training. It had been a long time since she had seen Aurora. And honestly she didn't know how to act at all. Sure they had talked and such but not since the final.

And after talking to Janine and seeing how hopeful Aurora was only to be crushed when she didn't see her in the family section, she regretted not sitting in the family section. But after watching all of Aurora's interviews, Jessie could only imagine what kind of gossip there would have been if she was seen in the family section wearing Aurora's number.

But Jessie was nervous

She didn't know where they went from this. The whole reason she wanted to put their relationship on pause was so Aurora could put herself into a more stable mindset. Jessie didn't want to put the pressure of a relationship on her while having to focus on the World Cup.