12

"Wow you really wanted to impress her didn't you?" Teagan teases as we walk out of the dressing room. Mal nods, "Two goals and an assist". Anika skips up beside us, "She needs to come to all our matches now". Ashley grins, "You'd love that wouldn't you Jess?" I can feel the heat from my face, "Guys shut up".

Mal nods off to the side, "Well you better not keep princess waiting". Ignoring her teasing I look to see Aurora leaning up against the wall looking down at her phone. "I'll see you guys later" I say before making my way over. I hear them all holler behind me and I don't look behind me and instead raise my middle middle to them as I keep walking.

She must have heard me walk over to her because she looks up from her phone slipping it in her pocket, "There she is! The player of the match!" I laugh as she bows down jokingly in front of me, "I am not worthy". I hit her shoulder, "Shut up and get up. People are looking".

She grins at me and winks, "Let them look". I roll my eyes, "Your insufferable". She flutters her eyelashes at me, "You love me really". I bite my lip as I shake my head at her, "For some reason..." She holds her hand to her chest in mock hurt, "That hurts Canada especially coming from you".

I scoff but I can't hide the smile on my face, "Shut up". She hums and looks down at me, "You free? Can I treat the star player to some celebratory ice cream?" I shrug, "If your buying then sure".

She throws her arm around me as we start to walk, "Let's go Superstar". "Right behind you Rockstar" I laugh.

We make our way to the nearest ice cream parlour with her taking my bag halfway through and carrying it for me, "Are you seriously going to carry my bag?" She gives me a side glance, "Let me feel like I'm doing something important. Besides you must be tired from your match". I shake my head, "Doesn't mean I can't carry my own bag". She laughs and gives me a look, "Jesus just let me do this for you. Gosh when I try to be nice to you this is what I get".

I roll my eyes at her, "All I'm saying is that's very stereotypical of you. What's next you going to carry my books from class to class?" She scoffs and shakes her head, "Hell no. Your an engineering major you have big heavy smart books". Now it's my turn to scoff again, "Please this coming from the girl who picked up Mal with one arm at training".

She grins wickedly as she flexes both of her at me, "Well I mean look at me". I lick my bottom lip before I bite down on it as I watch as the muscle in her arms bulge and tense.

But I refuse to feed her already gigantic ego

"I've seen better" I shrug as I keep walking willing myself not to look back at her. But before I know it I'm whipped around my wrist clasped tight in Aurora's hand as she looks down at me with a cocky smile, "You know it's not nice to lie".

I try to ignore how close we are as she stared down at me. Trying desperately to look anywhere but her lips. So instead I settle for her eyes. The street lights that shine above us hit off her eyes giving them a bit of a gleam. The grey and blue clash in her eyes paired with her massive grin. I don't even know how it happened or which one of us started it.

But we started inching forward. My hands slip up to her shoulders while she ducked her head down. I could feel her breath fan against my face and I close my eyes ready to finally kiss her.

And I was about to, if it wasn't for a passing car honking making me jump back.

I jump back a few steps startled from the sudden horn. I put my hand over my heart hoping to calm my racing heart. What had my heart racing, the almost kiss or the scare with the horn, I couldn't tell you.