Chapter 3: Last day

by the time I woke up, it was already noon and I went through all of my 5 alarms which also means Doyle was already gone since he didn't yell at me for it.

"Damn...I need to set up a sleeping schedule"

I look over at my phone and see 6 missed calls

"what the fuck.." I thought to myself and the weirdest thing was that it was all from my dad which made me worry since the last time he was calling me like crazy was when he heard that his favourite restaurant was closing down and he needed someone to complain to.

I open my phone and call him, he picks up immediately

"Dad, why did you call me 6 times?"

"I was just worried about you, Doyle is gone and you starting school soon, I wanted to make sure you were ok"

"Well, I'm fine, I was sleeping so that's why I didn't pick up"

"Well then, call you tonight to make sure you're fine also"

"Got it, talk to you soon"

"Talk to you soon Eliane"

I hang up

This was very weird for my father but honestly, I don't mind it

I get up and grab some clothes from my draws, I grab a sweater, a skirt and head to the bathroom, I take a quick shower before getting ready, after I got out I put on my clothes, dried my hair and put it in a low ponytail, I only took some mascara and put it on since I'm not planning on going somewhere important

I left my bathroom, grabbed my phone and went down to the kitchen for food, at the end of the stairs there was a note from Doyle

"Don't make a mess"

I roll my eyes and go into the kitchen, I grab a slice of bread from the bag and put it in the toaster, as I waited I realized that I barely have any furniture, "I should get some furniture" I whisper to myself, I grab my phone and search up for the nearest furniture store since I know nothing about this town, I found one that is 3 minutes away just by walking, I grab my toast that has just got out of the toaster, grabbed my wallet, went to the door, put my shoes on and leave to go to the furniture store

I arrive at the store and enter the building, I look around before going into different sections for the furniture I need

I go into the bedroom section since I only got a bed and a set of drawers, I look over at the room decor and find a nightstand I like, it's white and in a circle form, I put it in the little cart I got at the entrance and continue searching

I found many things I like, I found new bedsheets, a standing mirror, a lamp and a few little decorations for my desk, I walk towards the cash register since I already have enough items, I take some of the items and put them on the Conveyor belt, give the money needed, take my bags and call an Uber since I don't think I want to walk home with heavy bags.

The Uber arrives, I get in and head home, by the time I get home it was already 3 pm so I decided to bring all of my bags up to my room and started decorating, I unbox my nightstand, put it together and place it beside my bed, I unbox my lamp and place it on the side of my nightstand, I unbox my mirror and place it in a corner of my room not too far of my bed, I take my sheets I got since I only have my mattress and a normal blanket, I take the sheets out of the bag and set them on my bed, never knew fitted sheets can be such a pain in the ass, the only thing left I need to place are just the desk decoration.

By the time I got done, it was already 5 pm, I go to my bathroom and take a shower, put on some pyjamas, take off my makeup and brush my teeth, I get out of my bathroom and go downstairs to have a snack, as soon as I'm about to open the cabinet, I get a call from my father

"Hello?"

"hello Eliane, just wanted to check in with you since tomorrow is your first day of school"

"Is that all you called for?"

"Well mostly but I don't want you to mess it up, there are a few things you should know before your last day"

"Well then, what is it?"

"When you first get there, the principal will ask you to her office for a few questions on where you are from and who you are, do not say where you are actually from"

"Then what do you want me to say?"

"Just say you are from Canada or something, mostly everyone loves Canadians so it might be a good expression"

"I guess so but what do I say when they ask about you and past schools?"

"Just say I work pretty far and you were homeschooled your whole life, it will make it more believable"

"I'll keep that in mind, if there anything else you would like to say?"

He stays silent for a few seconds

"Please be careful and don't get into any trouble."

"I promise I won't, talk to you soon"

"Talk to you soon Eliane"

I hang up

He's never been this worried about me, I don't know what happened but I am still very hungry so I'm going to get a snack, I open the cabinet once again and take out few snacks to bring up to my room, I go up to my room and sit on my bed, damn...buying these sheets were the best decision I ever made, I take my snacks and put them on my nightstand, I plug my phone into its charger, I get up and plan tomorrows outfit, I pick a black Nike sweater, a pair of loose jeans and some jewelry, when I got back into I grab my laptop and watch a few Netflix shows while eating the snakes I got earlier.

By the time I was done it was already 8 pm and almost 9, so since I need to wake up early tomorrow, I closed my laptop, put it on my desk and went to sleep.

This was probably the first time I went asleep early before a school day but I can't mess things up, this is my first time not being homeschooled so it's gonna be something new.

THE END OF CHAPTER 3

---------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

New chapters coming out every Wednesday!