Chapter 12

nikki pov

"apes" cesar spoke roughly, everyone was freaking out, that Cesar could speak at the time. I wasn't phased by it, Cesar was very smart and he had a high IQ before everything. fell apart I thought at the time, "Do not want war ...want war" Caesar took a breath before speaking. " but we will fight...if we must" he took a breath at the time. the man named Mcholm looked at Caesar as if he was amazed by Caesar's words. Cesar was speaking the truth, Cesar signed to his son, Blue Eyes to give him the bag, that one of the humans dropped in the woods. at the time, I thought, as Blue Eyes jumped off his horse and walked over to the man named Malcolm.

then dropped the bag in front of Malcolm, then Malcolm went to pick up the bag. Cesar took a breath, before speaking loudly, "Ape home" Cesar pointed back to the redwoods. " humans home" Cesar said loudly as he pointed at the time. " do not come back" Cesar said almost in a growling tone. Cesar looked at me with such loving eyes, and as he went to leave I followed him. I heard voices from where the humans have called it home. talking about me, " betraying the human kind, my race" I heard in the background. but I never did, human kind betrayed themselves already I thought at the time. As we rode back to the ape village of Cesar, as we made it to the bridge I started to have flashbacks of the past.

flashback

I just told Cesar I had to move with my mom to another state, Texas. I thought at the time. I was crying, I wanted to be with Cesar, and it was all my fault that Cesar was in the ape shelter. I thought as I cried, I froze I wanted to leave but I could not move. at that moment Cesar put his arm through the bars and placed it on my arm. his hand closing around my arm, he held on it wasn't tight like he was hurting me he wasn't hurting me. His grip tightened, he was trying to hold onto him, but there was nothing both of us could do, i saw the tears in his eyes fill up. As I took a step back, his grip softened. before I had to leave, as I cried I heard Cesar hooting and his tears as well. I felt his hooting meaning "We will find each other again"

flashback ends -

Cesar noticed I stopped on the bridge, "Nikki...are..you" he asked I nodded, " memories " I said to play it off Cesar nodded, " new memories we will make" Cesar signed as I blushed at the time, cesar was still the same I thought at the time, as we cross the bridge together.